Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-03-2007, 12:19 AM   #1
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Review of Sony Portable Reader at Raiden's Realm

One of my spots on the Web is a place called Raiden's Realm. Its a not large community of people and some of us have know each othe for over five years on multiple sites. Long story short, I mentioned the Sony Reader in a post there and received a few PMs for more information. Being lazy, I wrote a review of the Reader. It took a while (with the holiday season and all) for it to be published. Feedback (good and bad) is always welcome.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 04:02 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I notice that when you describe the formats the Reader supports, you say:

Quote:
Supported book formats are BBeB (a Sony unreleased specification with DRM), LRF, DPF, TXT, and RTF.
("DPF" is obviously a typo for "PDF" )

Is "BBeB" a different format to "LRF"? I was under the (mistaken?) impression that that "LRF" files were BBeB-format books?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2007, 05:52 AM   #3
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Typo. Thanks.

From my reading LRF is the open version (non DRM) and BBeB (aka LRS?) is the DRM version. Or have I condused formats?
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 05:59 AM   #4
ghostwheel
Zealot
ghostwheel has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: DBoox Max,Galaxy note 10.1 & 3,LE1700 tablet,sony PRS-500,iRex DR1000S
I think LRF is the extension, BBeB is the name (don't know why they are different). Both DRM and non-DRM have the .lrf extension.
LRS is a BBeB file in xml, instead of the binary LRF
ghostwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 06:42 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, that's my undestanding too. "BBeB" format books use a ".LRF" (perhaps "Librie Reader File" ??? ) extension, and can either have DRM or not.
Advert
Old 01-03-2007, 10:03 AM   #6
diabloNL
Gadget Force®
diabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with others

Device: Sony PRS-300 + Cybook with funny screen :P
Arent the DRM files of BBeB with a .LRX extension?
diabloNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 10:26 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Looking in my PC's registry, I see that Connect registers the ".LRF" and ".LRX" extensions are being associated with it, so I think you're right, diablo.

My understanding is that both of these file extensions are "BBeB" books - perhaps one with and one without DRM.

I believe that these extensions originated with the old "Librie" reader.

Last edited by HarryT; 01-03-2007 at 10:30 AM.