Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 10-22-2010, 10:28 PM   #1
Care
Aes Sedai
Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Device: Kobo Aura and Kobo Mini, had a Nook, NOOKcolor, Nook STR.
Multiple device battery drain

Is there something that can cause battery drain on more than one device? I charged my nook and phone last night and both had full battery this morning. I left for a long drive and tonight when I got to NY both my blackberry and nook were completely dead. It was about 8 hrs, but I checked my phone because I had a text and only 1.5 bars were down. Then less than 2 hrs later everything in my purse was stone dead. I only brought my usb charger, not the wall charger. My phone has been plugged in for about 10 mins and I still can't even turn it on!

Any ideas?
Care is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 02:31 PM   #2
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
If you're in an area where there's no cell phone signal, it can cause both your Nook and cell phone to keep looking for a signal and excessively drain the battery because the radio circuitry uses a lot of power. Unless you are shopping, using the web browser, or looking at the B&N Daily, you might as well switch your Nook to airplane mode. It saves on the battery because the wifi and cell-phone are both turned off.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-23-2010, 04:43 PM   #3
NightGoat
Connoisseur
NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kindle Oasis, DXG, and Kobo Aura One
They say the presence of ghosts can drain batteries Hey, it's Halloween season after all.

But more than likely it is as bgalbrecht says.

I had a problem with charging my cellphone when we first moved into our house. It would show a full charge and then die before the day was through. Come to find out the outlet I used had been installed with polarity reversed which apparently played havoc with charging the battery... maybe something to check as well.
NightGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 09:10 PM   #4
donob10
donob10 began at the beginning.

Device: nook
A recovery mode, not an explaination

I'm not sure what happened but I always carry an iGo (brandname) charge anything gadget. It uses 2 double A cells and a built in DC to DC converter to get the 5V the nook wants. You can buy multiple tips for it. The nook wants the A97 tip (commonly called micro USB). You can get tips for many cell phones. You can also get anadapter that plugs in to the cigarette lighter and uses the same tips to charge you nook from your car.
The car and the 2 AA adapters are about $20 each. The tips are about $10 each.
I think it's worth it to be safe.
donob10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 09:18 PM   #5
donob10
donob10 began at the beginning.

Device: nook
A recovery mode, not an explaination

I'm not sure what happened but I always carry an iGo (brandname) charge anything gadget. It uses 2 double A cells and a built in DC to DC converter to get the 5V the nook wants. You can buy multiple tips for it. The nook wants the A97 tip (commonly called micro USB). You can get tips for many cell phones. You can also get an adapter that plugs in to the cigarette lighter and uses the same tips to charge your nook from your car.
The car and the 2 AA adapters are about $20 each. The tips are about $10 each.
I think it's worth it to be safe.
donob10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2010, 08:22 PM   #6
Care
Aes Sedai
Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Device: Kobo Aura and Kobo Mini, had a Nook, NOOKcolor, Nook STR.
I did get a car charger, so that helps.

About looking for a signal, that usually only happens when I go way out. I was driving through cities, and I did have my Nook in airplane mode. I am not sure what happened, but after leaving both devices plugged in all night they both worked fine. I just wonder what it was so it doesn't happen again. I can't sleep at night if I don't read or listen to an audiobook (which I have on my phone). I didn't like not having either with me while I slept. Is that weird? :P
Care is offline   Reply With Quote