Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-30-2023, 01:26 PM   #1
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
calibre database error (SQLError:SQLError: no such table: notes_db.notes)

Windows 11 latest version and calibre 7.1.0.

I ran the Quality Check plugin to search the library. After it was done, I had just the matches showing. When I clicked an eBook, I get an error. I've not created any notes.

Code:
calibre, version 7.1.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>SQLError</b>:SQLError: no such table: notes_db.notes

calibre 7.1  embedded-python: True
Windows-10-10.0.22631-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.22631')
Python 3.11.5
Windows: ('10', '10.0.22631', 'SP0', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM (10, 0, 9) && Annotations (1, 17, 13) && Barnes & Noble (1, 5, 2) && BookFusion Plugin (0, 8, 1) && Count Pages (1, 13, 4) && Diaps Editing Toolbag (0, 4, 0) && EpubCheck (0, 2, 5) && EpubSplit (3, 6, 0) && Favourites Menu (1, 3, 0) && Find Duplicates (1, 10, 8) && Hyphenate This! (0, 1, 3) && Set KFX metadata (from KFX Output) (2, 4, 0) && KFX Output (2, 4, 0) && KePub Input (3, 6, 6) && KePub Metadata Reader (3, 4, 3) && KePub Metadata Writer (3, 4, 3) && KePub Output (3, 6, 6) && Kindle hi-res covers (0, 5, 0) && KindleUnpack - The Plugin (0, 83, 1) && Kobo Books (1, 10, 2) && Kobo Metadata (1, 2, 0) && Kobo Utilities (2, 16, 11) && KoboTouchExtended (3, 6, 6) && Modify ePub (1, 8, 2) && Quality Check (1, 13, 6) && Reading List (1, 15, 1) && ScrambleEbook (0, 6, 0) && TextDiff (1, 2, 1) && View Manager (1, 10, 2)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre\gui2\book_details.py", line 1401, in show_data
  File "calibre\gui2\book_details.py", line 1058, in show_data
  File "calibre\gui2\book_details.py", line 262, in render_html
  File "calibre\gui2\book_details.py", line 337, in render_data
  File "calibre\ebooks\metadata\book\render.py", line 310, in mi_to_html
  File "calibre\ebooks\metadata\book\render.py", line 134, in add_other_links
  File "calibre\gui2\book_details.py", line 334, in item_id_if_has_note
  File "calibre\db\cache.py", line 88, in call_func_with_lock
  File "calibre\db\cache.py", line 682, in notes_for
  File "calibre\db\backend.py", line 973, in notes_for
  File "calibre\db\notes\connect.py", line 264, in get_note
  File "calibre\db\backend.py", line 376, in get
  File "C:\t\t\apsw-42s16m2x\src\cursor.c", line 1088, in APSWCursor_execute.sqlite3_prepare_v3
apsw.SQLError: SQLError: no such table: notes_db.notes
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2023, 03:39 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Is there a hidden .calnotes directory in the library folder?

I've noticed it gets created first time you open a library, it should have this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-12-01 073523.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	204986

Just now was the first time I've opened my "Default" library.

ADDED: and here's the empty notes.db

Name:	Screenshot 2023-12-01 074123.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	477.7 KB
ID:	204987

I don't have the QC plugin installed.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 11-30-2023 at 03:43 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2023, 04:43 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Is there a hidden .calnotes directory in the library folder?

I've noticed it gets created first time you open a library, it should have this:

Attachment 204986

Just now was the first time I've opened my "Default" library.

ADDED: and here's the empty notes.db

Attachment 204987

I don't have the QC plugin installed.

BR
Yes, there is a .calnotes. It has all that. So do I do anything with this?
Old 11-30-2023, 05:13 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Nope, leave it be… that's why its hidden

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
When I clicked an eBook, I get an error. I've not created any notes.
I assume that means click in the book list, what did you expect to happen (I have the relevant Tweaks set to do_nothing). If it was View a format file (e.g. EPUB), try clicking the format file in the Book Details.

I can't understand why anything other than the Notes specific features would be accessing that database.

BR
Old 11-30-2023, 05:40 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Nope, leave it be… that's why its hidden

I assume that means click in the book list, what did you expect to happen (I have the relevant Tweaks set to do_nothing). If it was View a format file (e.g. EPUB), try clicking the format file in the Book Details.

I can't understand why anything other than the Notes specific features would be accessing that database.

BR
What are the relevant tweaks? When I close the list, the database seems to be working no problem.
Advert
Old 11-30-2023, 06:00 PM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
What are the relevant tweaks?

Name:	Screenshot 2023-12-01 095914.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	289.5 KB
ID:	204991

Quote:
When I close the list, the database seems to be working no problem.
Close what list? Does QC produce it's own list?

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 11-30-2023 at 06:04 PM.
Old 11-30-2023, 06:30 PM   #7
Wiggo
Leftutti
Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Windows 11 latest version and calibre 7.1.0.

I ran the Quality Check plugin to search the library. After it was done, I had just the matches showing. When I clicked an eBook, I get an error. I've not created any notes.

Code:
calibre, version 7.1.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>SQLError</b>:SQLError: no such table: notes_db.notes

calibre 7.1  embedded-python: True
Windows-10-10.0.22631-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.22631')
Python 3.11.5
Windows: ('10', '10.0.22631', 'SP0', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM (10, 0, 9) && Annotations (1, 17, 13) && Barnes & Noble (1, 5, 2) && BookFusion Plugin (0, 8, 1) && Count Pages (1, 13, 4) && Diaps Editing Toolbag (0, 4, 0) && EpubCheck (0, 2, 5) && EpubSplit (3, 6, 0) && Favourites Menu (1, 3, 0) && Find Duplicates (1, 10, 8) && Hyphenate This! (0, 1, 3) && Set KFX metadata (from KFX Output) (2, 4, 0) && KFX Output (2, 4, 0) && KePub Input (3, 6, 6) && KePub Metadata Reader (3, 4, 3) && KePub Metadata Writer (3, 4, 3) && KePub Output (3, 6, 6) && Kindle hi-res covers (0, 5, 0) && KindleUnpack - The Plugin (0, 83, 1) && Kobo Books (1, 10, 2) && Kobo Metadata (1, 2, 0) && Kobo Utilities (2, 16, 11) && KoboTouchExtended (3, 6, 6) && Modify ePub (1, 8, 2) && Quality Check (1, 13, 6) && Reading List (1, 15, 1) && ScrambleEbook (0, 6, 0) && TextDiff (1, 2, 1) && View Manager (1, 10, 2)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre\gui2\book_details.py", line 1401, in show_data
  File "calibre\gui2\book_details.py", line 1058, in show_data
  File "calibre\gui2\book_details.py", line 262, in render_html
  File "calibre\gui2\book_details.py", line 337, in render_data
  File "calibre\ebooks\metadata\book\render.py", line 310, in mi_to_html
  File "calibre\ebooks\metadata\book\render.py", line 134, in add_other_links
  File "calibre\gui2\book_details.py", line 334, in item_id_if_has_note
  File "calibre\db\cache.py", line 88, in call_func_with_lock
  File "calibre\db\cache.py", line 682, in notes_for
  File "calibre\db\backend.py", line 973, in notes_for
  File "calibre\db\notes\connect.py", line 264, in get_note
  File "calibre\db\backend.py", line 376, in get
  File "C:\t\t\apsw-42s16m2x\src\cursor.c", line 1088, in APSWCursor_execute.sqlite3_prepare_v3
apsw.SQLError: SQLError: no such table: notes_db.notes
Why don't you heed your own obtuse comments and downgrade to Win 10 or Calibre 6.29?
Wiggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2023, 07:21 PM   #8
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggo View Post
Why don't you heed your own obtuse comments and downgrade to Win 10 or Calibre 6.29?
You've clearly failed to notice that Jon has been spending time in his garden where he's found a new leaf to turn.

BR
Old 11-30-2023, 11:21 PM   #9
Wiggo
Leftutti
Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, Kobo Libra 2
My heart bleeds for you both.
Wiggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2023, 11:46 PM   #10
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
My heart bleeds for you both.
Bummer, there's no standard treatment for that… sometimes it just goes away. Try some valium and a lie down. If it persists see a cardiologist.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...t/drc-20354623
Old 12-01-2023, 03:53 AM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
I've never once suggested anyone downgrade. Upgrade yes, downgrade no.
Old 12-01-2023, 05:26 AM   #12
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That looks like quality check deleted the notes db. You should report the issue in the QC plugin thread hopefully it will get support for the notesdb soonish
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 06:27 AM   #13
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
It doesn't happen for me. I tried:
  • Using Quality Check to search for some text. It found several books.
  • Clicked on various lines in the book list.
  • No exception.
I tried it on libraries that do and don't have notes.

@JSWolf: any chance your workflow includes copying libraries, skipping hidden files? Or that you might have done that sometime in the past? That would remove the notes folder/database.

EDIT: Never mind. As BR said, opening a library creates the .calnotes folder so my "workflow" idea doesn't explain it.

Last edited by chaley; 12-01-2023 at 12:56 PM.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 07:34 AM   #14
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Curious - why would the QC plugin (or any other plugin) need to be aware of the quite separate Notes database.
Old 12-01-2023, 07:51 AM   #15
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Need to, no. Inadvertently mess with, possible but unlikely.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote