Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-05-2010, 12:16 AM   #1
Pony
Pony began at the beginning.

Device: prs900
prs900 Has no files but has only 355 mb free left!

It was loaded with books but the meta data was all messed up, so I decided to erase all books from it (manually, using it as a hard disk drive) and then uploading them back on with calibre, however calibre gives me a message that there is not enough storage, and it seems to be the case.
I already restored factory settings and still only 355 mb free and has no files in it, no photos no books, nothing.
I really have no clue what to do now.. any ideas? I'm hoping is just some silly thing.
Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 12:41 AM   #2
Ken401
Addict
Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, PRS-950, PRS-505, Nexus 10, Xoom
I have not experienced this problem, but you might try doing a reset. This will not delete data, but may clear the problem.

Reset the Reader by pressing the RESET button
with the tip of the supplied stylus, or a small pin
or clip, then slide the POWER switch to turn on
the Reader.

The content and settings stored on the Reader are
not affected by resetting, and no information is
erased.
Ken401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2010, 12:48 AM   #3
Pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken401 View Post
I have not experienced this problem, but you might try doing a reset. This will not delete data, but may clear the problem.

Reset the Reader by pressing the RESET button
with the tip of the supplied stylus, or a small pin
or clip, then slide the POWER switch to turn on
the Reader.

The content and settings stored on the Reader are
not affected by resetting, and no information is
erased.
I just did that and it didn't seem to fix it..
Old 08-05-2010, 01:22 AM   #4
Pony

Success!
Settings>Advanced Settings>Format Memory>Internal Memory
I still don't know what was taking up the space but everything seems to be fine now. I was getting seriously worried I almost had a triple orgasm after I fixed it.
Any ideas what could have been taking up the space?
Old 08-05-2010, 02:19 AM   #5
Ken401
Addict
Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, PRS-950, PRS-505, Nexus 10, Xoom
Someone more technical may come along with a better explanation. My guess is that by manually deleting the books the reader's database thought they were still there, but it seems like after disconnecting from USB the reader should have re-indexed. Probably best to use the reader's menu, Calibre or the Sony library software to delete media from the reader.
Ken401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2010, 07:31 AM   #6
perost
Enthusiast
perost ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.perost ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.perost ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.perost ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.perost ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.perost ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.perost ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.perost ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.perost ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.perost ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.perost ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
It might have been that you didn't empty the trash can. I'm not quite sure how Windows manage the trash can, but Linux (using Gnome) creates a separate trash can on the device itself where it puts all deleted files (in a hidden .Trash folder). No memory will thus be freed until you empty the trash can, or delete the .Trash folder on the device.
perost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 09:13 AM   #7
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by perost View Post
It might have been that you didn't empty the trash can.
This is most likely the cause for your problem.
Same thing happens with Mac, too.
Gaurnim is offline   Reply With Quote