Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 03-21-2014, 01:56 PM   #841
AllenH
Enthusiast
AllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Having trouble with the server on the Kindle PW1. Can't seem to change the theme to e-ink while on the Kindle. Is there a method to fix the configuration, or perhaps change the configuration based upon the browser string?

Thanks for the server! It's excellent!
-Allen
AllenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 04:49 PM   #842
vlad59
Addict
vlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo eReader Touch, Kobo Aura HD
I know COPS is not working well with Kindle PaperWhite but I've no way to fix (no device to test on).

My best hope is that the future bootstrap theme will work fine on it
vlad59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2014, 06:13 PM   #843
Lynxai
Enthusiast
Lynxai began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad59 View Post
Do you have the same problem if you download a book ?
Ups, i cant download either (i didnt try yet):
Marvin says "Whatever.epub couldnt be added to your library. It is either an invalid ePub book or it is encrypted"
Documents says "the file is corrupted"
iBooks nothing happens
Lynxai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 07:52 PM   #844
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Device: iPad & iPhone with Marvin 2 + 3 & Kobo Glo HD
Did you point COPS in config_local.php to your calibre directory (the one with all the books in it) or just to the calibre database files?

Is Calibre/COPS server running on Linux? Perhaps a (reading) rights problem?
mariosipad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 12:08 AM   #845
AllenH
Enthusiast
AllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Quote:
I know COPS is not working well with Kindle PaperWhite but I've no way to fix (no device to test on).

My best hope is that the future bootstrap theme will work fine on it
Hi vlad!

Thanks for the reply! If there's any way I can help I may be willing to beta install some stuff and see the results and report back if you want. I can't devote tons of time to it, but I could devote some time to it, if it helps.

I'm used to user-agent changing things on the website views- is that being attempted in this server configuration? My brother is also a css webdev for a large developing house, so I may bend his ear a bit about the implementation and see if there's a nice easy way to have things switch with user-agent info.

The e-ink version looks great on a normal screen- would love to see it on my kindle (the buttons aren't working unfortunately)- so config settings can't be changed for theme etc. But, let me play on my end a bit also and if I figure something out, I'll let you know!

Big cheers for this easy server (install was a breeze on a Synology ds213)!
Advert
Old 03-22-2014, 03:27 AM   #846
Lynxai
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariosipad View Post
Did you point COPS in config_local.php to your calibre directory (the one with all the books in it) or just to the calibre database files?

Is Calibre/COPS server running on Linux? Perhaps a (reading) rights problem?
It´s not the same dir? I have a dir in DS411j with both books and metadata.db. Calibre software and COPS config_local.php are pointing there:

<?php
if (!isset($config))
$config = array();

/*
* The directory containing calibre's metadata.db file, with sub-directories
* containing all the formats.
* BEWARE : it has to end with a /
*/
$config['calibre_directory'] = '/volume1/Media/Libros/';

/*
* Catalog's title
*/
$config['cops_title_default'] = "Biblioteca digital";

/*
* use URL rewriting for downloading of ebook in HTML catalog
* See README for more information
* 1 : enable
* 0 : disable
*/
$config['cops_use_url_rewriting'] = "1";

Calibre software is running on OSX Leopard Macmini and Windows 8. Cops is running on Synology DS411j.
Old 03-23-2014, 04:39 PM   #847
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Looks like a rights (read permissions) issue to me. Cops may read the database files, but not the folders in which the books and covers are located.

SSH into your Synology and check and if necessary change the permissions of the folder ../Libros and any subfolders.
Old 03-25-2014, 03:54 PM   #848
Lynxai
Enthusiast

It works! Muchas gracias!
Old 03-28-2014, 11:33 PM   #849
AllenH
Enthusiast

Quick message for Vlad (and anyone else playing with the server files)- My brother took a very quick look at how the kindle was rendering things. He mentioned a few things- first, it appears the json script to submit changes to the UI choices isn't being run- so a submit button might solve that problem. Second- the font-squish should be something simple to work out in divs. Since I bugged him about it over dinner we didn't have time to talk too much about things. He said he'd be willing to look more if needed later. May bug him if there's time, but I'm swamped right now, so it can't be anytime very soon, unfortunately.

Just a quick note about things. I'm also willing to post up pictures of the interface for ya, Vlad- not sure if anyone has sent it to you or not. Everything is working except for some interface tweaks, so it might be fairly simple to fix.
Old 03-29-2014, 03:59 AM   #850
vlad59
Addict
vlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo eReader Touch, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenH View Post
Quick message for Vlad (and anyone else playing with the server files)- My brother took a very quick look at how the kindle was rendering things. He mentioned a few things- first, it appears the json script to submit changes to the UI choices isn't being run- so a submit button might solve that problem. Second- the font-squish should be something simple to work out in divs. Since I bugged him about it over dinner we didn't have time to talk too much about things. He said he'd be willing to look more if needed later. May bug him if there's time, but I'm swamped right now, so it can't be anytime very soon, unfortunately.

Just a quick note about things. I'm also willing to post up pictures of the interface for ya, Vlad- not sure if anyone has sent it to you or not. Everything is working except for some interface tweaks, so it might be fairly simple to fix.
A user sent some pictures 3 or 4 months ago but lost interest as soon as I sent him a beta to test. So yes please send them to me (my email is in the README). I want to fix it, I just need some help .

Last edited by vlad59; 03-29-2014 at 08:54 AM.
vlad59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 09:53 PM   #851
AllenH
Enthusiast

Quote:
A user sent some pictures 3 or 4 months ago but lost interest as soon as I sent him a beta to test. So yes please send them to me (my email is in the README). I want to fix it, I just need some help .
Excellent, vlad59! I'll drop you a line! Glad to be of any help!

-Allen
Old 04-01-2014, 03:30 PM   #852
pven
pven began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
After upgrading my Synology DS410 to DSM5 COPS does not work anymore. I did an uninstall and install, but that fails.

COPS CONFIGURATION CHECK
You've been redirected because COPS is not configured properly
Database error
Check if GD is properly installed and loaded
OK
Check if Sqlite is properly installed and loaded
Please install the php5-sqlite extension and make sure it's enabled
Check if libxml is properly installed and loaded
OK
Check if the rendering will be done on client side or server side
Client side rendering
Check if Calibre database path is not an URL
OK
Check if Calibre database file exists and is readable
OK
Check if Calibre database file can be opened with PHP
If the file is readable, check your php configuration. Exception detail : exception 'PDOException' with message 'could not find driver' in /volume1/web/cops/checkconfig.php:138 Stack trace: #0 /volume1/web/cops/checkconfig.php(138): PDO->__construct('sqlite:/volume1...') #1 {main}
Check if Calibre database file contains at least some of the needed tables
If the file is readable, check your php configuration. Exception detail : exception 'PDOException' with message 'could not find driver' in /volume1/web/cops/checkconfig.php:151 Stack trace: #0 /volume1/web/cops/checkconfig.php(151): PDO->__construct('sqlite:/volume1...') #1 {main}

I have no idea how to install 'php5-sqlite extension'. Metadata.db is readable for all users, and the path to Calibre is included in open_basedir.

Help?
pven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 04:28 PM   #853
mariosipad
Guru

@pven

If you are using .htaccess for access control, you could disable it (for now) and test again.

The following link might also help you: http://forum.synology.com/enu/viewto...p?f=20&t=82428

I have not upgraded yet so I cannot confirm.

Last edited by mariosipad; 04-01-2014 at 04:32 PM.
Old 04-01-2014, 05:27 PM   #854
OSsource
OSsource began at the beginning.

Device: kindle, onyo
@pven, Lynxai

I figure out what happen with the new synology package. They have added a group 'http' which have to set the permission on the folder to read/write.

Now the FAQ of the package is updated by me
OSsource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 04:12 AM   #855
pven
pven began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
@ mariosipad: thanks, I'll look into it later on today.

@ OSsource: which FAQ exactly?
pven is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre opds, dns, kobo aura, synology