Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 04-17-2012, 09:13 AM   #1
Ulixes
Ulixes began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Boox M92 merging annotations problem

Hello,

just received my Boox M92 last week and am extremely pleased. I use firmware version 1.6.

Exporting annotations using the 'Merge Annotations' function works well for some PDFs, but not for others. In cases where it works, it saves a new copy of the file under a new name and includes my scribblings. However, for some files nothing happens, the scribblings are not merged with any files (but they are in the source PDF whenever I open it). There is no connection with file size or type, as far I can tell - it seems random to me.

Can anyone shed any light on this?
Ulixes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 05:17 AM   #2
Knorke
Enthusiast
Knorke is on a distinguished road

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Special letters/signs in the comments could be the problem

Hello Ulixes,

I have the same problem. It occurs with version 1.7.20120607 and 1.7.20120726 too. The effects seems to depend on the kind of sign / letter in the comment for the annotations functionality. The marked letters seems to play no role.

After the first tests I found problems with the following signs:

ß
ö
µ (micro)

You should check the content of your annotations for such letters or signs and delete ore change them. Perhaps you find more prolematic ones (please let us know).

I have to check it in more detail.

Last edited by Knorke; 08-16-2012 at 06:57 AM.
Knorke is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2012, 05:52 AM   #3
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Hi,
we are already discussing that problem in another thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=187509
I have asked Janek for some sample PDF, where the merging problem appear, since I couldn't reproduce it in my PDF collection.
If we can reproduce it we can solve it.

PS.Thanks to Knorke for pointing the posible source of trouble.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote