Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 03-01-2010, 09:27 PM   #1
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
"First Wave" - A New Comic Book Series Featuring Doc Savage

This month (March 2010) DC Comics is releasing a new series that might be of interest to fans of Doc Savage. It called "First Wave" and in addition to Doc Savage, it also features Batman (who is just starting out), Justice, Inc., The Spirit, Black Canary, and Rima The Jungle Girl.

The series is being written by Brian Azzarello with art by Rags Morales. As far as continuity goes, it appears that this series is set on an Earth separate from the rest of the DC Universe where the above characters co-exist. The following are two links to pages with information on this series:

http://docsavagetales.blogspot.com/2...lp-comics.html

http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/tag/first-wave/
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:07 PM   #2
guyanonymous
Guru
guyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud of

Device: Ebookwise 1150 / 1200
Cool! I enjoyed the old Doc Savage books.
guyanonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2010, 11:11 PM   #3
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyanonymous View Post
Cool! I enjoyed the old Doc Savage books.
I'm looking forward to reading this series myself. I've not taken much of an interest in Doc Savage, but what I've read in the preview has caught my interest. Also, "First Wave' is going to have a spin off in the form of a monthly Doc Savage comic book that I will get if I enjoy "First Wave."
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 12:13 AM   #4
carlobee
Fanatic
carlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-books

Device: The new iPad
Very nice!!
carlobee is offline   Reply With Quote