Notices

Old 08-25-2008, 06:23 AM   #1
Shehabi
Enthusiast
Shehabi began at the beginning.

Device: nothing at the moment
my new PRS 505

Hello ,
I am updating my prs to the new firmware but it is take alot of time about 7 hours ?
Is this a problem ?
Shehabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 06:41 AM   #2
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
No, it should take no more that 10 minutes. Reset and try again. Charge it fully before running the updater again.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-25-2008, 06:47 AM   #3
Shehabi
Enthusiast

How to reset it please?
It's fully charge
Old 08-25-2008, 06:55 AM   #4
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Turn the Reader around and insert a paperclip or a pin into the hole labeled "Reset". You should feel a "click", but don't press too hard. Then toggle the power switch.
Old 08-25-2008, 08:48 AM   #5
Shehabi
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk View Post
Turn the Reader around and insert a paperclip or a pin into the hole labeled "Reset". You should feel a "click", but don't press too hard. Then toggle the power switch.
I make that but it still updating since 15 minute
Advert
Old 08-25-2008, 09:07 AM   #6
igorsk
Wizard

At what stage of update process are you now? What is displayed on the Reader and in the updater application?
Old 08-25-2008, 12:23 PM   #7
Shehabi
Enthusiast

look in attachment
the reader was :
Do not disconnect
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-154.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	352.0 KB
ID:	15602  
Old 08-25-2008, 12:56 PM   #8
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shehabi View Post
look in attachment
the reader was :
Do not disconnect
seems to me that it is already up to date. I would close everything, unmount the device and reboot it,... then go into system and see what the version number is.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 01:11 PM   #9
Shehabi
Enthusiast

Thank you alot
it's realy up to date