Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-04-2012, 06:51 PM   #1
BeeTee-Ess
Addict
BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4NT, KPW2, Voyage, iP4, iP6, iPad Mini, HP TouchPad, Kobo Mini
Mouse Wheel Oddity

I use a Logitech Mouse, and the Logitech SetPoint mouse control package in a Windows 7 PC.

When I want to scroll down my calibre library list, I automatically use the mouse wheel to do so, and it works fine.

However, if I want to scroll up, rather than down the library list, by rolling the wheel the other way, it does not work properly. It continues to scroll down.

I have experimented, and found that if I hold the shift key down (which is not usually necessary), the scroll function works correctly in both directions.

Can someone please confirm this behaviour, or is it just my setup?

Is this perhaps a quirk of the programming package used to develop calibre?
BeeTee-Ess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 12:20 AM   #2
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
it is not a calibre bug.
logitech software is a bit flaky, as is the mouse wheel on their MX anywhere mouse; but I can scroll both ways with my logitech MX570 trackball wherl using Win 7 & latest setpoint software. the MX mouse wheel scroll is awful in calibre but its awful in other programs also & logitech discussion boards / google confirm that other users have this issue.
But hey - it works smoothly on my glass desktop so I forgive the scroll issue & forgive the horrible battery short life also, f
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2012, 12:49 AM   #3
BeeTee-Ess
Addict
BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4NT, KPW2, Voyage, iP4, iP6, iPad Mini, HP TouchPad, Kobo Mini
Thanks for the feedback.
BeeTee-Ess is offline   Reply With Quote