Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-04-2013, 03:33 PM   #76
moffattm
Addict
moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Glo
Just out of interest, does the Kindle do reflow when displaying PDF's? I would imagine that the Kindle is Kobo's biggest competitor, so they would want to match their abilities.
moffattm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 04:20 PM   #77
fred_yu_job
Connoisseur
fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.

Device: kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by moffattm View Post
Just out of interest, does the Kindle do reflow when displaying PDF's? I would imagine that the Kindle is Kobo's biggest competitor, so they would want to match their abilities.
Kindle is out of my sight; it doesn't support epub, and all my books are in epub format.
fred_yu_job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:04 PM   #78
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by moffattm View Post
I don't imagine Amazon would want to help Adobe out - as they use their own competing format. I suspect PDF support might be minimal.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:32 PM   #79
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmee View Post
I don't imagine Amazon would want to help Adobe out - as they use their own competing format. I suspect PDF support might be minimal.
you lucky Glow users may give a go at the kindlepdfviewer port, see here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=203622

personally I'd love it if the project were to be revived, so that it may even get resized for the Mini
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 03:40 AM   #80
vernel1008
vernel1008 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindvernel1008 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindvernel1008 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindvernel1008 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindvernel1008 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindvernel1008 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindvernel1008 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindvernel1008 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindvernel1008 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindvernel1008 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindvernel1008 has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
There are any of a gazillion threads here saying, over and over, that a six inch reader is not a good choice for A4/business sized PDFs. A bit of research could have prevented your current dramas. Maybe next time?

Just go ahead and sell it - you should get not that far below what you paid for it - and get the device that suits your needs. Or return it, if you're still in the "buyer's remorse" period.

Happy reading.

Ohh well thank you for the advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post

personally I'd love it if the project were to be revived, so that it may even get resized for the Mini

This is a nice thing to try. Hoping that the project will continue.
vernel1008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:25 AM   #81
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by vernel1008 View Post
This is a nice thing to try. Hoping that the project will continue.
I think they could do with some encouragement
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:00 AM   #82
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post

I have just downloaded the version for Touch and Mini. On the Touch, it works quite nice.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:06 PM   #83
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Brilliant. Don't know why Kobo haven't done it, but I'm so glad we have people like giorgio130 with the ability to port and program good software.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 03:56 PM   #84
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
It isn't contrary to the purpose of pdfs to ask Kobo to implement easy page turns within zoomed text. If Kobo e-readers still had page turn buttons, the issue would be solved by now -- esp. on the Aura, which would work especially well with pdfs were it not for the difficulty of turning zoomed pages.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pdf, reflow, support, turn page, zoom