Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-23-2006, 05:50 PM   #1
Michele
Addict
Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Books You've Already Purchased from the Connect Store

Is anyone interested in sharing the titles you've purchased from the Connect site (with coupon or without)?

I think it'd be helpful to list books we've bought from the actual Connect site, in hopes of helping others become aware of offerings they might have missed due to miscategorizing errors and faulty search capabilities.

Ack! A typo in the thread title!

Last edited by Michele; 10-23-2006 at 06:17 PM.
Michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 05:58 PM   #2
aleks
Connoisseur
aleks doesn't litteraleks doesn't litteraleks doesn't litter

Device: Rocket eBook & Sony Reader
I like that idea. I plan to purchase some books once my wife brings the reader home nextg week.

Anyone else interested?
aleks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-23-2006, 06:08 PM   #3
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Dragon's Fire -- Anne & Todd McCaffrey
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy -- Douglas Adams
The Restauraunt at the End of the Universe -- Douglas Adams
Life, the Universe and Everything -- Douglas Adams
The Speed of Dark -- Elizabeth Moon
Combo Book: Remnant Population & Trading in Danger -- Elizabeth Moon
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 06:14 PM   #4
aleks
Connoisseur
aleks doesn't litteraleks doesn't litteraleks doesn't litter

Device: Rocket eBook & Sony Reader
Here are the books I will be purchasing:

Armageddon by Max Hastings
Flags of Our Fathers by Ron Powers & James Bradley
The Village by Bing West
Always Faithful by William W Putney

They are all military history related
aleks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 06:15 PM   #5
Michele
Addict
Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Okay, I'll start.

Year's Best SF 7, when it cost $0.00
The Halloween Bundle, including the following by Kim Harrison:
Dead Witch Walking
Every Which Way But Dead
Good, Bad, and the Undead
Fistful of Charms
Dates from Hell
Perdido Street Station, by China Mieville

I already have the first four books by Kim Harrison in paperback, but I might be more likely to read them sooner if they're on my Reader. And I've bought and returned Perdido twice already, wanting very much to like it, but being put off by the gross-out factor. As my taste seems to darken over time, I may be ready to try it again. I've thought about what that says about our culture, or the genre, or about me.
Advert
Old 10-23-2006, 06:43 PM   #6
Leaping Gnome
Evangelist
Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
Greg Bear - Darwin's Radio/Darwin's Children (combo book)
Dan Simmons - Ilium
Neil Gaiman - Anansi Boys
Karen Traviss - Star Wars: Boba Fett A Practical Man

Also downloaded Adventures of Sherlock Holmes from Gutenberg.
Leaping Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 07:01 PM   #7
Michele
Addict

ooh, combo...
Thanks for mentioning this, which was miscategorized by Connect as fantasy. Bear - fantasy?

Last edited by Michele; 10-23-2006 at 09:57 PM.
Old 10-23-2006, 07:30 PM   #8
kenbaldwin
Connoisseur
kenbaldwin began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
So far:

Perdido Street Station, by China Mieville
The Baroque Cycle, by Neal Stephenson
Pattern Recognition, by William Gibson
kenbaldwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 08:31 PM   #9
griffbrad
griffbrad began at the beginning.

The Peace War by Verner Vinge
griffbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 09:57 PM   #10
Michele
Addict

I'm liking most of these books!

kenbaldwin, did you buy the Baroque Cycle books individually, or did you find a bundle somewhere? I could only find the individual books.
Old 10-23-2006, 11:51 PM   #11
BuddyBoy
eBookin' Fool
BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, KK, iPad (Ex Prs 505, 500, Reb1100-2150, Rocket)
Catch Me if You Can - Frank W. Abignale Jr.
Freakenomics - Steven D. Levitt
Pompeii - Robert Harris
There's more I want, but I want to see a) if they adjust the out-of-whack prices and, b) if I can get my Canadian Visa with it's secondary US authorized address to work. Otherwise I'm going to have to go down to the local credit union and buy some prepaid visa cards on which I'll register a primary US address.
BuddyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 12:45 AM   #12
flumbo
I got nothin...
flumbo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.flumbo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.flumbo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.flumbo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Designated Targets -- John Birmingham
Dune Bundle
Dune: House Atreides -- Brian Herbert
Dune: House Corrino -- Brian Herbert
Dune: House Harkonnen -- Brian Herbert
Gunpowder Empire -- Harry Turtledove
World War Z -- Max Brooks -- I'm enjoying this one. Kinda a news accounting of the "Zombie War"
flumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 01:08 AM   #13
jpeacock
jpeacock began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Portable Reader
I kinda interpreted the $50 gc as "1/2 off $100"

1491 - Charles C. Mann
1776 - David McCullough
Adam Smith and teh Origins of American Enterprise - Roy C. Smith
Freakonomics - Steven D. Levitt
Parasite Rex - Carl Zimmer
The Physics of Superheroes - James Kakalios
A Short History of Nearly Everything - Bill Bryson
The Wealth of Nations - Adam Smith
jpeacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 10:35 AM   #14
kenbaldwin
Connoisseur
kenbaldwin began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
kenbaldwin, did you buy the Baroque Cycle books individually, or did you find a bundle somewhere? I could only find the individual books.
I had to spring for them separately--and volumes 2-3 are kinda pricey ($16/ea).
kenbaldwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 11:43 PM   #15
Michele
Addict

I had bought a test-ebook (two books in one) in Secure MS Reader format, and was not happy with the results I got in converting it rtf (lost the italics and links). Oh well, it was a $5 experiment.

After an hour of going blind hunting for all the italics in both books, I broke down and essentially bought the books AGAIN, this time from the Connect site. Did I mention that I also have these in paperback? Yes, I've now bought them three times!

So now I've officially used up my $50 credit with my recent purchase, all written by Robin Hobb:

Assassin's Apprentice
Royal Assassin
Assassin's Quest

and...
The Tawny Man Bundle

This had better be nicely formatted!