Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-07-2014, 09:28 AM   #1
vandafc
Connoisseur
vandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo, Kindle 3
Calibre Metadata plugboard and Kepub

Hi Guys,

I have some difficulties to use the Metadata plugboard of Calibre to add series name and number to the title.

It works perfectly with epub format but when I try to use it with Kepub books, It doesn't work anymore

So far, I tried 'any format' as format and 'KOBOTOUCH' as device but it doesn't seems to work ...

any idea?
vandafc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 09:31 AM   #2
vandafc
Connoisseur
vandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texan

ok, just to confirm - it works like a charm with epub format
Advert
Old 10-07-2014, 01:43 PM   #3
doxallday
Web Crawler
doxallday doesn't litterdoxallday doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandafc View Post
ok, just to confirm - it works like a charm with epub format
Isn't it possible to convert it via Calibre to regular EPUB and then pass it onto the device? I currently don't have any Kepubs on my laptop nor Kobo Touch to test it.

Either way, I'm sure someone with a more educated answer will aid you soon.
doxallday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 04:03 AM   #4
vandafc
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxallday View Post
Isn't it possible to convert it via Calibre to regular EPUB and then pass it onto the device? I currently don't have any Kepubs on my laptop nor Kobo Touch to test it.

Either way, I'm sure someone with a more educated answer will aid you soon.
Thanks for your reply doxallday. In fact, my idea is the opposite. I transform my epub in Kepub in order to get advantages of the Kepub reader of Kobo.

The only think that I lost is my custom Metadata plugboard configuration.
Old 10-08-2014, 04:17 AM   #5
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandafc View Post
Thanks for your reply doxallday. In fact, my idea is the opposite. I transform my epub in Kepub in order to get advantages of the Kepub reader of Kobo.

The only think that I lost is my custom Metadata plugboard configuration.
But it works (I have calibre configurated in that way, but you have to change the file type to apply the plugboard). When I arrive home I'll get a screen capture.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2014, 08:16 AM   #6
vandafc
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
But it works (I have calibre configurated in that way, but you have to change the file type to apply the plugboard). When I arrive home I'll get a screen capture.
Wohoo, great news Could not wait for your screenshots!

Thanks Terisa
Old 10-08-2014, 09:10 AM   #7
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
This is my configuration:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	627
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	129370

I don't convert directly to epub but use kobo extended driver for sending it as kepub.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote