Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-26-2009, 08:48 AM   #1
natjusaj
natjusaj began at the beginning.

Device: K2 or DX
User Guide to Mobi pocket and Mobileread

Hi, I just got the Kindle 2. GREAT I like it.
BUT, If I want to download books etc. from Mobipocket, how do I do this. I klicked on the guideline at the Mobipocket site, but will not open on the PC.

Is there a user guide on this site, that guides me step by step in downloading the books I would like to get.
Very best regards

Morten
natjusaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 09:06 AM   #2
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
There's a help section under software at mobipocket.com:
http://www.mobipocket.com/en/Downloa...sp?Language=EN

Be aware that .mobi books you buy at Mobipocket will be 'infested' with DRM and can't be used directly on the Kindle. You will have to either remove the DRM (deDRM) or get the PID from the Kindle.

I assume you don't have a device yet? In that case you will have to register your PC as a device at the Mobipocket site.

You miht be able to get some more help in this forum as well:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=168
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2009, 10:17 AM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Kindle users should avoid purchasing books from Mobipocket.com as even with a Kindle PID those books will not work on the Kindle. You would have to use your computer's PID to strip the DRM to make them usable on the Kindle. Plus the books cost more than they do through Amazon.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote