Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-27-2009, 08:34 PM   #1
daltonan
daltonan began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Angry Error downloading library book

It's been 3 wks since I downloaded a book. Now when I download a book there is an error message "Internal error, document already failed." When I click on the book I get an error message in digital editions "server communication problem:E_ADEPT_NOT_ACTIVATED.

I use to get a .pdf document from my library now I get an ebx.etd file. Has anyone else encountered this?

Anne
daltonan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 09:11 PM   #2
TS-Rick
TS-Rick began at the beginning.

Device: CyBook Gen3, iPhone, PRS-505 (Blue)
Believe this is a file that tells ADE (Adobe Digital Editions) how to get the pdf.
Double clicking the exb.etd file should bring up ADE and it will use the data contained in this file.

Also, I get the option to open this file with ADE. The etd extension is assigned to ADE.

Hope this helps...

Rick
TS-Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-28-2009, 04:06 PM   #3
daltonan
daltonan began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
I do click on the exb.etd file and that is when I get the error messages. I guess I wasn't clear. Nothing works, I can't use my reader.
daltonan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 04:12 PM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by daltonan View Post
I do click on the exb.etd file and that is when I get the error messages. I guess I wasn't clear. Nothing works, I can't use my reader.
Delete that file and go back to the source you got it from and redownload.

BOb.
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 05:40 PM   #5
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
When you are on the public library website, after clicking on 'download', do you open or save the file? I think in the updated Digital Editions, you have to open the file rather than save it.
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert