Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > ePub Books

Notices

Old 03-29-2011, 09:33 PM   #1
bobcdy
Fanatic
bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bebook; prs-950; nook simple touch; HTC Jetstream tablet
Burroughs, Edgar Rice: At the Earth's Core and Pellucidar, V1.2, 31 Mar 2011

Although HarryT has created a great Pellucidar Omnibus, I'd like to submit an illustrated (with J. Allen St. John's iconic images) epub consisting of the first two Pellucidar novels. I've also included images of the two 1st edition front covers obtained from ERBzine.com

In version 1.2 I replaced the last three images in Pellucidar - the previous images had moire patterns that I couldn't eliminate without starting over on the images using a different lens.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: epub At the Earth's Core and Pellucidar.epub (6.95 MB, 494 views)

Last edited by bobcdy; 03-31-2011 at 02:59 PM. Reason: replaced 3 images
bobcdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:04 PM   #2
radius
Lector minore
radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura One, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e, Google Pixel Slate
Wow! Gorgeous!

Any chance you could do something similar for Tarzan and John Carter? :P
radius is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2011, 05:21 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Hi bobcdy,

Could you tell me where the illustrations originated from? I'd very much like to include them in my omnibus edition, too.

Thanks!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 12:26 PM   #4
bobcdy
Fanatic
bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bebook; prs-950; nook simple touch; HTC Jetstream tablet
radius - thanks! I've thought about doing more of ERB; the problem is that I'd like to do the first 2 or three of each series, and the number of figures/plates is very inconsistent, as for example, the first Tarzan has only a single b/w frontispiece. I'll look more closely at the possibilities.

HarryT - with the exception of the covers, I took the plate images (except for the frontispiece of 'Pellucidar' that I downloaded from ERBzine and edited with Photoshop) with a digital camera using books from my very old collection (from my early teens) of ERB. The books I have are in various degrees of quality because I bought them for reading without worrying about whether all the plates were present. The two books I used were pretty complete with the exception listed above, but others in my collection often are missing the frontispiece and other plates. For the covers, the originals came from ERBzine but I tweaked them with Photoshop to improve their appearance.

If you'd like I can email-attach a zip file of the .png figures. They might need to be sent in several installments because of limitations on file size of my email provider.

Last edited by bobcdy; 03-30-2011 at 11:58 PM. Reason: added some info
bobcdy is offline   Reply With Quote