Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 12-02-2006, 10:49 AM   #1
paulkbiba
Connoisseur
paulkbiba began at the beginning.

Device: Nokia e61i, iPhone
ebooks on Symbian

I recently got a new phone - a Nokia e62. This is the first time I've been exposed to the Symbian operating system.

The first thing I did was look for an ebook reader. Lo and behold, Mobipocket has a version out for the Symbian platform. It works just fine and I've migrated all my reading over to the Nokia. The wide screen does a pretty good job, the display is extremely sharp and crystal clear, and its really nice to carry just one "thing" around with me.

So far, Mobipocket is the only reader I can find for the phone. eReader has a Symbian version, but it's fairly out of date and doesn't work on the newer versions of the Symbian OS.

Anyone else have any experience with ebooks on Symbian?
paulkbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 11:58 AM   #2
zinj
Connoisseur
zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Irex DR800SG, Kyobo Mirasol Reader, 2 Pocketbook Ultras
I use Handy Book on my Sony Ericsson P900 and I love it. The software is flawless and the phone is ideal for reading. The entire face of the phone is a screen, but unlike a PDA, it's the size of a regular candy bar style phone. IMHO the only way this could be better is if it had an e ink screen.
zinj is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-28-2007, 06:49 AM   #3
anand
anand began at the beginning.

Device: N91
Is there any software so that I can read e-book on Nokia N 91
symbian Series 60 ,3rd edition
anand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 10:48 AM   #4
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
You can try iSilo. => http://www.isilo.com.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote