Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 10-08-2010, 10:07 AM   #1
ebsebs
Connoisseur
ebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Time

Device: Nook ST/Nook HD+
Six New Android 2.2 Tablets from Augen!

http://www.engadget.com/2010/10/07/a...-boots-ubuntu/

Supposedly being released "this fall". The higher-end tablets sound interesting, especially the Espresso Doppio - dual boot Android 2.2 and Ubuntu with a detachable keyboard/base for $599.

Based on my experience with my TB, which has so much potential but has been riddled with bugs and pretty much ignored by Augen, I am taking this announcement with a very large grain of salt, but we'll see...
ebsebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 12:44 AM   #2
jeffcobb
Groupie
jeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook, CoolER
While I would not want to lump all products from a single maker together, the Augen I saw for sale at a local KMart was a cheap POS. Battery life stunk and it was really slow...
jeffcobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2010, 08:40 AM   #3
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Thanks for the link.

It's gonna get interesting out there.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 02:03 PM   #4
RadioMan52
RadioMan52 began at the beginning.

Device: The Book
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebsebs View Post
http://www.engadget.com/2010/10/07/a...-boots-ubuntu/

Supposedly being released "this fall". The higher-end tablets sound interesting, especially the Espresso Doppio - dual boot Android 2.2 and Ubuntu with a detachable keyboard/base for $599.

Based on my experience with my TB, which has so much potential but has been riddled with bugs and pretty much ignored by Augen, I am taking this announcement with a very large grain of salt, but we'll see...
As a owner of two (heavily discounted) TB’s (The Book ) devices I find it funny that Augen is attempting to upscale market devices after leaving some market organizations with a bitter taste after the TB debacle.

As far as the new devices, had one in my hands for about one hour this courtesy of a “buyer” that was asking my opinion this puppy sure looks like a decent china made M003 clone running slightly customized (with Augen name and wallpaper) android 2.1 mind you not the fastest unit but decent performance for a 800 MHz CPU. Had the same free ebook library that was in the abandoned “The Book” device and it included a freeware android ebook reader.
When I asked the price had a good laugh, absolutely ludicrous The big book stores have announced their own “official” android offerings that are less then Augen’s and I am sure will be full operational unlike Augens previous two offerings

Augen, good luck You WILL NEED IT.
RadioMan52 is offline   Reply With Quote