Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 01-21-2009, 06:02 AM   #1
M0zza
Geek... Apparently
M0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Sony PRS-505 (Silver), ASUS Transformer TF300T, IPAD Air 2
African Reading

All,

I will be jetting off for a two week holiday to Tanzania in a few days, to enjoy a weeks safari and then a week on the beach in Zanzibar. The only gadget (apart from my camera) I will be taking is my Book Reader.

I thought some good adventures of an African nature would be good to take along, and so have downloaded a couple of Haggard books (Thanks HarryT), but was wondering if anyone had some good recommendations along those lines.

Cheers,

Lee.
M0zza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 09:03 AM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Tarzan or Conan? I believe they are both here........If not, then at feedbooks. But, I'll bet they are here.........
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 09:20 AM   #3
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
Project Gutenberg has an African Bookshelf:
http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Africa_(Bookshelf)

Some of these may be found on MobileRead. I know the Livingston diaries are.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 09:54 AM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Here's the first few books Tarzan........you may have to look for your proper format.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ghlight=Tarzan
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 06:45 AM   #5
M0zza
Geek... Apparently
M0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Sony PRS-505 (Silver), ASUS Transformer TF300T, IPAD Air 2
Thanks for this, I've picked up a couple of Tarzan books and will check out gutenberg.

Cheers,

Lee.
M0zza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 06:51 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
For something a little more modern, I'd recommend Alexander McCall Smith's "No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency" series, which is set in Botswana. Currently on sale very cheaply at FictionWise.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote