Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-02-2010, 10:47 PM   #1
timlegge
Addict
timlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than mom

Device: Kobo, Kobo Wifi, Kobo Touch
Syncing across devices

I have been reading the same book across multiple platforms recently (finished it yesterday actually).

It seems that going from device to device is not as seamless as it used to be.

The iPhone and iPad seem to like putting a bookmark in and don't go to the correct page when the last page read was on the Kobo WiFI. The kobo wifi did seem to notice when the iPad was last read but I am not quite sure when it noticed (possible on the newspaper download).

Has anyone else noticed that? Should I be closing my book in order to push the bookmark to the kobo servers? Do I need to manually sync the Kobo WIFI or will it update the book marks when it tries to download newspapers?

It is not critical and I may just be doing it wrong...

Tim
timlegge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 05:59 AM   #2
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
error

Last edited by taming; 11-03-2010 at 07:09 AM.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2010, 09:21 AM   #3
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by timlegge View Post
I have been reading the same book across multiple platforms recently (finished it yesterday actually).

It seems that going from device to device is not as seamless as it used to be.

The iPhone and iPad seem to like putting a bookmark in and don't go to the correct page when the last page read was on the Kobo WiFI. The kobo wifi did seem to notice when the iPad was last read but I am not quite sure when it noticed (possible on the newspaper download).

Has anyone else noticed that? Should I be closing my book in order to push the bookmark to the kobo servers? Do I need to manually sync the Kobo WIFI or will it update the book marks when it tries to download newspapers?

It is not critical and I may just be doing it wrong...

Tim
I synced from the desktop app to my kobo for the first time a last week. I did it a few times and not once was it on the right page when I opened the book. Once it went right back to the beginning, thankfully I was expecting it to not work properly so I had written down what page I was on. This was all on the K1.
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote