Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-11-2009, 11:02 AM   #1
Stacey34
Connoisseur
Stacey34 doesn't litterStacey34 doesn't litter

Device: Sony 505 (Red)
Good news (for me!) friends!

We just found out that we are getting quite a bit more back from our taxes then we had anticipated. So my wonderful husband said that when we get it I can go out and buy (as he calls it) that reader thingy that you want!
If something breaks down between now and then and I can't get it I may have to hurt someone!
With electronic filing hopefully it won't take too long to get back.
I just had to post as soon as he said it. I knew you would all understand my excitement!

Last edited by Stacey34; 02-11-2009 at 11:13 AM.
Stacey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 11:10 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacey34 View Post
We just found out that we are getting quite a bit back from our taxes then we had anticipated. So my wonderful husband said that when we get it I can go out and buy (as he calls it) that reader thingy that you want!
If something breaks down between now and then and I can't get it I may have to hurt someone!
I just had to post as soon as he said it. I knew you would all understand my excitement!
That is wonderful news. With electronic filing, you should have your refund back in no more than two weeks.

So what color are you planning on getting? I have the blue one. But if I was getting one now, I'd go for the red one.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2009, 11:19 AM   #3
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Hooray!

We e-filed and direct-deposited, got it back in 4 days.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 11:23 AM   #4
Stacey34
Connoisseur

Hi Jon,
I am leaning very heavily towards the red one. If not the red one it will be the blue one.
I am very excited! I can't wait.

Dixiegal,
Thats what we do too. E-file and direct deposit. I sure hope thats how long ours takes!
Thanks for the info.
Old 02-11-2009, 12:37 PM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Stacey, great news! I have the blue one and like it a lot. I've owned it for a year and read a ton of books on it.

Be sure and let us know when you get it and how you like it.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2009, 02:28 PM   #6
AbFabGab
Gadget-Luster
AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
Whoohoo!! What a nice hubby!
AbFabGab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 02:50 PM   #7
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
Congrats on your near-future purchase.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 03:46 PM   #8
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Congrats!!! I need to file my taxes. As much as I'd love to spend it on books, alas, it needs to go towards my house. *sigh*
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 06:14 PM   #9
BobVA
Addict
BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Clara, Sony PRS950, T1, T2, T3
If you need something to fill in the time, you can download the Sony software from their website (requires Windows) and use it to browse some of the free books here on MobileRead. You can also check to see if your local library supports PDF or EPub electronic checkouts and get your account set up.

Welcome aboard!
Bob
BobVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 12:46 PM   #10
RPribyl
RPribyl began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacey34 View Post
We just found out that we are getting quite a bit more back from our taxes then we had anticipated. So my wonderful husband said that when we get it I can go out and buy (as he calls it) that reader thingy that you want!
LOL You're right I completely understand...even the husband calling it "that reader thingy"! We had received some unexpected money when I got mine. You will absolutely love it!!!
RPribyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 02:22 PM   #11
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Hey, hey! Good news. First on the tax refund and second on the permission to get something you really want. In my job, I get a small bonus at the end of every quarter. My hubby let me use part of the 1q2008 bonus to buy my Sony PRS-505. Since I already had a Kindle (bought out of the 4q2007 bonus dollars), I considered this a very generous concession. He did ask why I needed yet another reader!

You're in for a real treat, Stacey. I love the convenience of having choices at hand. When you leave the house with only one paperback book in your bag, you're confined to reading that or nothing. And sometimes, I'm just not in the mood for vampires and ghouls raging through the streets of Atlanta. With one of my readers, if the current book isn't appealing to me, I can just switch to another. (It does help that I was already in the practice of reading several books in parallel.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobVA View Post
If you need something to fill in the time, you can download the Sony software from their website (requires Windows) and use it to browse some of the free books here on MobileRead. You can also check to see if your local library supports PDF or EPub electronic checkouts and get your account set up.
You can also read the Sony-formatted books using Calibre.

Oh, by the way, welcome to MobileRead. We're glad you've joined us.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 05:18 PM   #12
sammsmom
Enthusiast
sammsmom doesn't littersammsmom doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2
That is exactly what I got to do with part of our refund as well. Just waiting on it to get here now. I'm like a little kid hurrying to get home to see if my package has been left yet.
sammsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 10:25 AM   #13
Stacey34
Connoisseur

Hi Sammsmom,
We did electronic filing and had it back in less than a week! I have been enjoying my 505 ever since.
I hope you get yours just as fast!
Old 02-27-2009, 03:32 AM   #14
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Congrats!! What a great thing to look forward to! Enjoy your reader thingie!
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote