Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-21-2008, 07:30 PM   #1
spooky69
Stats:
spooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505
Interactive story

I thought you guys might like to participate in an interactive story. The guidelines are very simple: every poster writes a short passage that continues what was written in the post before them. Here's the start of our story:

There was only one student in the room, who was bending over a distant table absorbed in his work. At the sound of our steps, he glanced round and sprang to his feet with a cry of pleasure.
"I've found it! I've found it," he shouted to my companion, running towards us with a test-tube in his hand. "I have found a re-agent which is precipitated by haemoglobin, and by nothing else." Had he discovered a gold mine, greater delight could not have shone upon his features.
spooky69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 12:26 AM   #2
akiburis
Connoisseur
akiburis will become famous soon enoughakiburis will become famous soon enoughakiburis will become famous soon enoughakiburis will become famous soon enoughakiburis will become famous soon enoughakiburis will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505, iLiad Book Edition
"A re-agent which is precipitated by haemoglobin! And by nothing else! Now, that is splendid, Cyril. Isn't it, Basil?" my companion said.

"O yes! Good for you, Cyril!" I replied.

Alas! Had we but known!
akiburis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2008, 12:41 AM   #3
spooky69
Stats:
spooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheese

Had we but known that this re-agent was only the start of a precipitous line of discovery that would surely benefit the whole of mankind throughout ages to be.

Upon arriving at the same laboratory 3/4 of a fortnight hence, I eagerly inquired as to the relative status of the formulation so thoroughly capable of eliciting scientific inquiry as I had witnessed previously.

I was literally shocked to discover that the previous serum had excited a notable frenzy among the local chemiticanalyisists, many of whom were eagerly slaving away at various scientific implements around the lab, seemingly entranced by a series of tubular nozzles.
Old 06-23-2008, 01:00 PM   #4
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Meanwhile, in a darkened forest, deep in the heart of Somewhere, a strange sound was heard echoing through the trees.
Squirrels scampered across the ground, looking aimlessly for their hoards of nuts. Suddenly, with a loud crack, one of them was caught in a trap...

Elsewhere in the forest, deep undergound, a red light started to flash. "We've got one", screamed the sentry, "in the trap, at site 52.15-4/2". "But that's 58.6 kilometres away from 'ere", Snargood exclaimed, "how am I supposed to get out there with no petrol in the van?".
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 03:09 PM   #5
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
"Take the Segue and use the cyclotron tunnels. Use the American standard tunnel - 58 kilometers is only about 7 mils in that particular tunnel." said the modern major general.

Last edited by DixieGal; 06-23-2008 at 03:42 PM.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2008, 10:04 PM   #6
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
"Please, help me", screamed the squirrel in Latvian squirrel language. "Someone is after my haemoglobin!" But there was no one there to hear. Where had all the others gone so suddenly?
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 02:13 AM   #7
spooky69
Stats:

The answer, of course, is that they'd gone back to the lab in cages. Some of the meaner scientists there would play rap music to agitate the squirrels, and even the best of these humans merely performed grotesque experiments.

Several squirrels died under the oppressively-intensive-to-animals conditions of the Haemoglobin Laboratory, but several other squirrels were also able to escape to the Haemoglobin Library, where they slowly learned to read by studying American literary classics such as: