Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-09-2014, 07:42 PM   #1
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

Bury My Heart in Dresden?

A while back I read an article about a documentary film titled Bury My Heart in Dresden. It was produced in Germany and was inspired by the fact Edward Two-Two, a Lakota Sioux from the US, was buried in a cemetery in Dresden, Germany in 1914. I would love to see this documentary in English, or with English subtitles. It's available in German on Youtube, but not even Amazon has it for sale. Perhaps someone form Germany could steer me in the correct direction?

Old 02-10-2014, 02:10 AM   #2
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Wow, that's interesting and funny! Thanks for posting, I didn't know anything about this.

(I will try if I can find out about an English version, but please give me a little time.)
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2014, 03:30 PM   #3
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Sorry, I've found almost nothing.

At this site you can buy the DVD

http://deckert-distribution.com/film...rt-in-dresden/

but it's quite expensive (20 Euro + 8 Euro shipping).
The site also indicates that the movie has been shown at two film festivals near you, in Vancouver and Los Angeles 2013.
And concluding from a clip I've seen on youtube, Aljazeera also showed this film but I don't know when.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 05:28 PM   #4
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
Sorry, I've found almost nothing.

At this site you can buy the DVD

http://deckert-distribution.com/film...rt-in-dresden/

but it's quite expensive (20 Euro + 8 Euro shipping).
The site also indicates that the movie has been shown at two film festivals near you, in Vancouver and Los Angeles 2013.
And concluding from a clip I've seen on youtube, Aljazeera also showed this film but I don't know when.
Thanks for the information. Yes, I was aware that Aljazeera had shown the film. That is actually how I became aware of it. Unfortunately it would not play for people in the US. When I search for the film on Google an Aljazeera link actually comes up displaying a video, but actually clicking on the link for me at least does not produce a page with the video. Just a slide show of ten photographs. That's what happened when I first saw it there weeks ago as well.

The DVD from the source you mentioned is more expensive than what I would normally like to pay at 28 Euros (about $38), but that would be a bargain relative to making a trip to Los Angeles or Vancouver, Canada. It's the PAL format that would be the problem for me. It's still a recent release so maybe it will make it onto a DVD for the US. Time will tell.