Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-12-2012, 02:36 AM   #1
khoa_chung_89
khoa_chung_89 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Talking Setting Timeout for Kindle Touch

There is a problem with my power button of Kindle Touch. It completely doesn't work, when i want to read something, i have to connect it to computer to unlock screen and keep it not lock automatically There isn't any one who can fix my Kindle in my region Now, i am looking for something that can help me extend screen timeout to unlimited I'm using firmware version 5.1.2. Please, help me find a solution or any something works for me that you know

Last edited by khoa_chung_89; 08-12-2012 at 02:46 AM.
khoa_chung_89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 03:17 AM   #2
Titano
Definitely not King Kong
Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

You can disable the screen saver by using
Quote:
lipc-set-prop com.lab126.powerd preventScreenSaver 1
from usbnetworking, xterm, etc.... That would make the screen timeout unlimited in a way.... I don't know how to fix the button though... Sorry.
Titano is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-12-2012, 04:13 AM   #3
khoa_chung_89

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titano View Post
You can disable the screen saver by using from usbnetworking, xterm, etc.... That would make the screen timeout unlimited in a way.... I don't know how to fix the button though... Sorry.
Thank for your help However I'm a newbie with Kindle I don't really understand what you mean. You mean i have to install a software named "usbnetworking" on my Kindle and type in the command that you said ??? Do i have to jailbreak my Kindle ??? please give me more detail or if you have a link about it ???
Old 08-12-2012, 04:22 AM   #4
diba
Addict
diba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4, Kindle PW, Nexus7 3G
Enter ~ds in the searchbar and hit enter. This disables the screensaver until next reboot.
diba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 04:25 AM   #5
khoa_chung_89

I have jailbroken my Kindle. But i still don't know how to install and use "usbnetworking" as you mention ???
Advert
Old 08-12-2012, 04:25 AM   #6
khoa_chung_89

Quote:
Originally Posted by diba View Post
Enter ~ds in the searchbar and hit enter. This disables the screensaver until next reboot.
Oh, look simpler yeah i will try