Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-22-2007, 11:49 PM   #16
Yaksha
Yaksha doesn't litterYaksha doesn't litterYaksha doesn't litter

Device: PRS-500
I was playing around with some other LRF creators and I noticed that BBeB Binder does a TOC just fine.

Click for big

It also creates the TOC for you, you just have to format each chapter line has Heading. No going through and using the Notes and Links. Although this does not have "return links" like BD. To each his own I guess.
Yaksha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 03:01 AM   #17
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
BD can create a TOC for you too - just use the "Insert TOC" menu item. I just prefer to create one manually, because it gives you complete control over the process that way.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 09:13 AM   #18
Azayzel
Cache Ninja!
Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500, HTC Shift, iPod Touch, iPaq 4150, TC1100, Panasonic WordsGear
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaughingVulcan
I've noticed that this is true in every Connect-bought book I've bought so far, also.
The books I picked up from Connect don't have any underlines, but still work as quick-jump links.
Azayzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 02:55 PM   #19
vvv
Zealot
vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iLiad, Librie, REB1100, GEB2150, GEB1150, etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaksha
I tried that, it put them back in after converting to an LRF.
The link's underlying in BD - it is just a default decoration of linked words (it makes the navigation more convenient if there is more than one linked phrase on a page). If you want I can make it optional (say, a check box "underlay links" in "options").
vvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 03:02 PM   #20
vvv
Zealot
vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iLiad, Librie, REB1100, GEB2150, GEB1150, etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT
BD can create a TOC for you too - just use the "Insert TOC" menu item. I just prefer to create one manually, because it gives you complete control over the process that way.
It is better to create a TOC through the "Insert TOC" menu. It makes a TOC as a named element which is used in a special way during the editing and e-book creation.

Last edited by vvv; 04-24-2007 at 03:04 PM.
vvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 12:27 PM   #21
djloewen
Connoisseur
djloewen began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo eReader
Is it too late to make a request on this topic?
I would very much like:
-Anything you highlight becomes the link, not just the first word
-The option to turn off underlines on the links (I think the underlines look ugly, and the links are highlighted on the reader anyway)
-I personally only want/need the links to be one-way. Can this be an option too?

The reason I don't always use "Create TOC" is that I don't always want the text to be the same for the "note" and the "link". for example I might want want the chapter title to be all upper case, but not in the index.
djloewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 10:08 AM   #22
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
It's too late in the sense that the creator of the program is apparently no longer responding to emails.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote