Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats > LRF

Notices

Old 03-02-2009, 01:54 PM   #16
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
I use Book Designer for conversion to LRF, and it drives me crazy too... it's buggy, it messes up formatting upon input, and it requires a lot of manual fixing to get the text just right. I've also recently discovered that the conversion tools I have do not like the 2007 version of Word, meaning I have to convert my texts down to Word 2000 format before they can be used by most of my tools... including BD.
If you are creating a LIT, can you not use calibres lit2lrf to get the LRF from it? It has always done a great job for me. But, perhaps I am not as picky about it, since I'm not selling the results.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 02:22 PM   #17
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
If you are creating a LIT, can you not use calibres lit2lrf to get the LRF from it? It has always done a great job for me. But, perhaps I am not as picky about it, since I'm not selling the results.
I haven't tried that yet, but I'm not opposed to trying it.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 03:10 PM   #18
coolbooks
coolbooks has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.coolbooks has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.coolbooks has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS505
You can always take a look at www.coolfreebooks.com. I have an easy mechanism for getting all the Project Gutenberg books onto the Sony. Books are converted for you and you do not have to get involved in the whole conversion process. If you want to then you can specify margins and font size although this is optional.

Regards,

Trevor
coolbooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 06:16 PM   #19
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate0072 View Post
A multitude of different authors. All of them are from Fictionwise though, for example:

Clive Cussler
Tom Clancy
Lincoln Child

Why?
For all three authors there are ePub-versions available in different eBook-stores. Your reader does support ePub. Buy the eBooks as ePub and you can read it without conversion to lrf or something else.
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote