Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 02-09-2013, 10:46 PM   #76
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
You click the button by the path on the transfer wizard to change what folder it goes into. I choose audiobooks. You have to do this for each audiobook it wont remember the folder settings.
But the Click+ doesn't have a "audiobook" folder, it only has "music". How would I find it? Wouldn't it be in Music folder still? I will do that for the zip, thanks. I got two devices because when new books come in and I am still listening to books I haven't finished yet on my device and if I plug it in it would erase them if expired. Since they are so cheap I figured why not. But I should have bought another zip

Also did I remember you said you don't have to set sleep timer each time? On both of my Sansa's I have to. It goes back to clear each time. Am I missing something?

Last edited by new; 02-09-2013 at 10:48 PM.
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:11 PM   #77
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post
But the Click+ doesn't have a "audiobook" folder, it only has "music". How would I find it? Wouldn't it be in Music folder still? I will do that for the zip, thanks. I got two devices because when new books come in and I am still listening to books I haven't finished yet on my device and if I plug it in it would erase them if expired. Since they are so cheap I figured why not. But I should have bought another zip

Also did I remember you said you don't have to set sleep timer each time? On both of my Sansa's I have to. It goes back to clear each time. Am I missing something?
You create the folder called Audiobooks if there is not one.
You want to create it at the root of the drive.

Go to System Settings then Sleep and set the timer there.

No DRM books expire on the Clips. So don't worry about adding more and losing them.

Last edited by Blossom; 02-09-2013 at 11:22 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:44 PM   #78
new
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
You create the folder called Audiobooks if there is not one.
You want to create it at the root of the drive.

Go to System Settings then Sleep and set the timer there.

No DRM books expire on the Clips. So don't worry about adding more and losing them.
But I thought you said the sleep timer stays set? Did I dream that?

Are you kidding the DRM books don't expire? I didn't need a second device? Back when I had the Fuze (long time ago) I thought they expired on the device when you plug it back in to computer. But they are removed on overdrive, but stay on the device if I plug the device in to the computer? Guess I will see.
Old 02-10-2013, 12:34 AM   #79
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
But I thought you said the sleep timer stays set? Did I dream that?

Are you kidding the DRM books don't expire? I didn't need a second device? Back when I had the Fuze (long time ago) I thought they expired on the device when you plug it back in to computer. But they are removed on overdrive, but stay on the device if I plug the device in to the computer? Guess I will see.
On the Fuze yes, On the Clips no they do not expire. You can even tranfer to another card like I went from 8GB to 16GB and they will still play. The DRM is device specific. Once I am through listening I do delete the book. If I think I am going to listen to it again (Stephanie Plum) I buy the Audible version.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:50 AM   #80
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
They don't expire on the iPods either - once transfered, they are just worse quality than the Overdrive MP3s, so you would not want to keep them anyway. :S

Blossom, are they better quality on the Clips because they don't get converted? What happens of you try to transfer them to your Galaxy player?
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:34 PM   #81
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
They don't expire on the iPods either - once transfered, they are just worse quality than the Overdrive MP3s, so you would not want to keep them anyway. :S

Blossom, are they better quality on the Clips because they don't get converted? What happens of you try to transfer them to your Galaxy player?
The quality is fine on WMA on the Clips. You can't tranfer them on the Galaxy Players WMA isn't supported by Android.

Anytime you convert from WMA you are going to loose quality. It's a limited format to begin with and I'd never buy a book with that format due to restrictions. I'd rather have the Audible version if I want to own the book.
Old 02-10-2013, 06:29 PM   #82
magicmonster
Groupie
magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook Color, & Dell Axim X50v
Folder player for android: This is a totally free (NO Ads!) minimalistic but powerful alternative music player which uses folders to play music or audiobooks: MP3, WMA, AAC, OGG or FLAC files. (FLAC/WMA/AAC works *ONLY* if supported by your phone). You can try it if you have an android device.
magicmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:06 PM   #83
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Thanks, magicmoster!
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:43 PM   #84
magicmonster
Groupie
magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hope it works for you... I don't usually have that format of audiobooks. There was another listed on Google play but it had reviews that said it had lots of notifications and pop ups.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:28 PM   #85
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicmonster View Post
Hope it works for you... I don't usually have that format of audiobooks. There was another listed on Google play but it had reviews that said it had lots of notifications and pop ups.
I use Akimbo. Not free but well worth it.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:01 PM   #86
new

Quote:
I use Akimbo. Not free but well worth it.
But none of those will play DRM audiobooks will they?

What about the sleep timer Blossom?

Thanks I now have resume or start at the beginning option now that the audiobooks are in the correct folder. The Clip + however only will show Music, then you have to scroll to Audiobooks. Bummer..

If I installed rockbox can I load the Overdrive audiobooks? I am gonna guess not.

I don't get why Sansa now lets you keep the audiobooks on the card, and it wouldn't back in the time when I had the darn Fuze.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:12 PM   #87
magicmonster
Groupie

If you want overdrive audiobooks to Google play has android has an app for overdrive.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:29 PM   #88
new

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicmonster View Post
If you want overdrive audiobooks to Google play has android has an app for overdrive.
I just checked, it is only for mp3, now wma.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:00 PM   #89
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Correct. DRM'd WMA can not be played on an Android device.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:41 AM   #90
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:

What about the sleep timer Blossom?

Thanks I now have resume or start at the beginning option now that the audiobooks are in the correct folder. The Clip + however only will show Music, then you have to scroll to Audiobooks. Bummer..

If I installed rockbox can I load the Overdrive audiobooks? I am gonna guess not.

I don't get why Sansa now lets you keep the audiobooks on the card, and it wouldn't back in the time when I had the darn Fuze.
It's a firmware thing. I own the Clips just because they don't expire and I can listen in my own time. The Zip is much better for Audiobooks I have everything else turned off but Books so it goes straight there every time. Rockbox does not work with WMA.

Akimbo does have a sleep timer but I've never used it. I seldom listen to Audiobooks when I am ready to sleep.