Notices

Old 04-27-2009, 07:36 PM   #1
Ender2008
Ender2008 began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad
Iliad can't remember last page read in some PDF

Hi!

I can't find the answer.
I have some PDF who seam to be unprotected and each time I open them, they start at page 1...

Any idea?

Thank you.

---*---
Take 2

The problem seams to be related to the incapacity of the Iliad to create the appropriate Manifest.xml file

Once I create one everything is back on track.

How can I fix this?

Thank you

Last edited by Ender2008; 04-27-2009 at 08:38 PM.
Ender2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 09:12 AM   #2
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
The first time you open a new PDF document, the iLiad will create a directory with the same name as the original document, move the document into the directory, and then create the manifest/etc files. Sometimes, if there are funny characters in the PDF filename (spaces, symbols, etc), the iLiad will be unable to create a directory. If that happens, every time you open the document will be like opening it for the first time. Anything like that possibly going on?
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-28-2009, 08:53 PM   #3
Ender2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
The first time you open a new PDF document, the iLiad will create a directory with the same name as the original document, move the document into the directory, and then create the manifest/etc files. Sometimes, if there are funny characters in the PDF filename (spaces, symbols, etc), the iLiad will be unable to create a directory. If that happens, every time you open the document will be like opening it for the first time. Anything like that possibly going on?
Hi!
Thanks for the reply.
I try stripping non ascii characters like (à or even space) in files to no avail.
But your hint makes me realize that the Iliad is in fact not able to create the folder.
I try moving my book from CF to my MMC card and all worked well.

So now I'll try to reformat my CF and see what happens.

Thank you
Old 04-28-2009, 09:13 PM   #4
Ender2008

It was my CF ram...
Thanks again
Old 04-29-2009, 10:37 AM   #5
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Yeah, that was my next thought... full and/or corrupt card. Make sure to format it as FAT32. That seems to work the best.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert