Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 02-06-2012, 11:56 AM   #1
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
Post Canada Reads (spoiler, contains title of eliminated book).

Is anyone following the Canada Reads debates this year? The theme is non-fiction books which kind of perked my interest. Today was the first day on CBC radio that the 5 debaters really started defending and discussing their book of choice) My first foray into "Reality Radio" if you will.

This is the first year I have gotten sort of into it. I was kind of bummed that "The Prisoner of Tehran", which so far I have read was the first to get "Voted off".

I had tried to get into "The Tiger" by John Valliant but it just isn't grabbing me. Maybe a couple more library loans will nudge me into it. "The Game" by Ken Dryden, likewise but again, this may just be "me" as I am really not into hockey (Even though Alan Thicke is defending it)

"Something Fierce" is on my TBR list and likewise a "Cold Road" (David Bidini) so I can't speak much to those.

I've been a slow reader on these books this year, but since getting an e-reader have really started paying more attention to the Canada Reads books rather than borrowing them a year after they've been "in the running".
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 01:44 PM   #2
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I'll be watching, but not too closely. I've got Dave Bidini's "Tropic of Hockey" on my list of books to read after I finish my alphabet and decade challenge. I'll have to look at the other title as well.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
book choices, canada reads, yay or nay