Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-08-2011, 01:42 PM   #1
rincypm
rincypm began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
Error: Adding Failed

i just updated to calibre o.7.38 and since then have been unable to add books to my library. i have tried different books, restarting calibre, re-installing calibre. i still cant add a single book. i use windows 7. kindly help; calibre was a real life line.
rincypm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 01:44 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
there was a bug in the initial build of 0.7.38, uninstall, re-download and re-install
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2011, 04:13 PM   #3
rincypm

i just did that...3 times over..did not work...what should i do now?...
Old 01-08-2011, 04:15 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by rincypm View Post
i just did that...3 times over..did not work...what should i do now?...
Did you delete you previous download FIRST, Then get a fresh download.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 04:18 PM   #5
rincypm

yes. i even deleted the previous installation file before starting the new download..
Advert
Old 01-08-2011, 04:21 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

what error do you get when adding books?
Old 01-08-2011, 04:25 PM   #7
rincypm

it gets stuck for a very long time..and then it shows "ERROR: ADDING FAILED"...Thereafter there is a message instructing to restart calibre or to reduce the number of books..same thing happens even if i am adding a single book.
Old 01-08-2011, 04:34 PM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

I can't think of anything that could cause that, but uninstall and try installing an older calibre release from http://sourceforge.net/projects/calibre/files/
Old 01-08-2011, 05:35 PM   #9
rincypm

still no luck.. tell me something..if i uninstall and then reinstall an older version, is it still supposed to launch with my library intact? or should the welcome wizard come up? i am getting my library with all my previous settings intact..is that how it should be or am i not uninstalling it right?
Old 01-08-2011, 05:36 PM   #10
rincypm

i tried the 0.7.36 and 0.7.37 releases too...same problem..
Old 01-08-2011, 07:58 PM   #11
vaughnmr
Ebook Reader
vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, HTC Evo, HTC View
Quote:
Originally Posted by rincypm View Post
i tried the 0.7.36 and 0.7.37 releases too...same problem..
Did you reboot the computer? I had to do that once to get Calibre back to adding books.
vaughnmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 09:21 PM   #12
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

uninstalling an re-installing will not affect your library.
Old 01-09-2011, 12:40 AM   #13
rincypm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
uninstalling an re-installing will not affect your library.
thanks.
Old 01-09-2011, 12:41 AM   #14
rincypm

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughnmr View Post
Did you reboot the computer? I had to do that once to get Calibre back to adding books.
i tried that with o.7.38, but not with the older ones...thanks i will give it another go..
Old 01-09-2011, 02:51 AM   #15
rincypm

installed 0.7.1 from sourceforge.net...i even did a system restore to the date i last used calibre..still not working guys..i think i might cry now...what to do now?