Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 12-01-2013, 07:59 AM   #46
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I just ordered the Moko Ultra Slim from Amazon.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 01:02 AM   #47
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I'm back from my trip to the inlaws and I can say the travel case did well! So if you need something to add extra protection to your N7.2 this case is great! I put it in the side pocket on my laptop case and it made the trip just fine.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 05:47 AM   #48
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Just ordered this Dream Series case from Nillkin for my grillfiend's N7.2 (which will be a Christmas present):

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...A1EU8BQXI93JVJ

I bought the black and white version because that's the color scheme said grillfiend will probably like best. I doubt the case will arrive for the next few weeks, but I'll take photos once it does.

As you can see from the pictures shown below, the clasp should provide stability in landscape presentation mode and protection while one carries the tablet. I originally bought Nillkin's V-Series case for myself and, as others have noted, liked the form factor and the reliability of sleep/wake mode but was disappointed that the cover didn't stay closed. The Dream Series case, while a tad ornate, seems to address that issue.

I'm excited because this is the first time I've actually seen the Dream case offered on Amazon. I've been ogling it on Nillkin's site for the past few weeks but had only ever seen it for sale on Ali Express and the Chinese version of eBay.

[Images deleted by moderator due to size; I'll try to find smaller ones when time allows.]

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 12-12-2013 at 02:07 AM.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 04:04 PM   #49
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestidigitweeze View Post
Just ordered this Dream Series case from Nillkin for my grillfiend's N7.2 (which will be a Christmas present):

I bought the black and white version because that's the color scheme said grillfiend will probably like best. I doubt the case will arrive for the next few weeks, but I'll take photos once it does.

As you can see from the photos, the clasp should provide stability in landscape presentation mode and protection while carrying the tablet. I originally bought Nillkin's V-Series case for myself and, as others have noted, liked the form factor and the reliability of sleep/wake mode but was disappointed that the cover didn't stay closed. The Dream Series case, while a tad ornate, seems to address that issue.

I'm excited because this is the first time I've actually seen the Dream case offered on Amazon. I've been watching it on Nillkin's site for the past few weeks but had only ever seen it for sale on Ali Express and the Chinese version of eBay.
It's very pretty. How nice of you to get your gal a N7.2 she will love it!

I now own 4 Poetic Slimline cases. 1 for N7.2, 1 for KFHD2 and 2 for KFHDX7. I don't have a HDX so they are just sitting there. One is new and the other gently used.

I need to stop buying cases.
Old 12-05-2013, 06:26 PM   #50
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post

I now own 4 Poetic Slimline cases. 1 for N7.2, 1 for KFHD2 and 2 for KFHDX7. I don't have a HDX so they are just sitting there. One is new and the other gently used.

I need to stop buying cases.
Especially for tablets you don't have! Did you really say you have two HDX cases but don't have an HDX or am I misreading?

Last edited by Purple Lady; 12-05-2013 at 06:32 PM.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 07:49 PM   #51
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
Especially for tablets you don't have! Did you really say you have two HDX cases but don't have an HDX or am I misreading?
Yep I bought the first one with HDX #1 and love it so much seeing it was on sale for $5 I bought a second one as a backup. About a week later HDX #1 started to fail then they sent me HDX #2 which had a green tint and cloudy screen so then they replace it with HDX #3 which had a strong blue border that showed up on everything. So I returned it for a refund and bought a Nexus 7.2 instead. So I have the two HDX cases one still in packaging and the other one I used on all 3 HDXs I went through.
Old 12-06-2013, 01:13 AM   #52
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
She deserves it for letting me move into her place last summer and for illustrating my next book (one of her illustrations -- an original etching superimposed over an original watercolor -- can be seen here).

She still loves the Nook and Italian brushed leather case I for bought her a few years ago. In fact, she still loves saying the word nook.

Quote:
I now own 4 Poetic Slimline cases. 1 for N7.2, 1 for KFHD2 and 2 for KFHDX7. I don't have a HDX so they are just sitting there. One is new and the other gently used. I need to stop buying cases.
I believe we share that addiction. For weeks, I've been stopping myself from buying this one as a second:

I keep telling myself it will match the orange Klipsch S4i Rugged earphones I picked up for $30 on Black Friday.

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 12-06-2013 at 01:24 AM.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:00 PM   #53
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Oooh nice thread! I'm looking for a case right now.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 07:17 PM   #54
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Does anyone on here have the Poetic slimcase case in Magenta for their Nexus 7.2? The color looks a bit odd compared to last years color. I'm wondering how accurate the pic on Amazon is.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:21 PM   #55
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
Does anyone on here have the Poetic slimcase case in Magenta for their Nexus 7.2? The color looks a bit odd compared to last years color. I'm wondering how accurate the pic on Amazon is.
You could ask on their Facebook page.

My case is black of course.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:54 PM   #56
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered

Quote:
You could ask on their Facebook page.

My case is black of course.
Ha, I would have guessed that! I ended up getting this one. Yahoo! (Thank you for the link though!)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	poetic-covermate_slideshow_main.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	122.9 KB
ID:	116472  
Old 12-09-2013, 08:09 PM   #57
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
Ha, I would have guessed that! I ended up getting this one. Yahoo! (Thank you for the link though!)
That's very pretty! I want pics when you get it. Like I need another one but I don't have a backup yet.
Old 12-09-2013, 08:24 PM   #58
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered

Quote:
That's very pretty! I want pics when you get it. Like I need another one but I don't have a backup yet.
Bahaha! I will for sure post pics!
Old 12-10-2013, 06:30 AM   #59
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I just ordered this for my second case. Then, if I need to, I will attach a velcro hand strap to the back of it, to make it easier when I am reading in bed.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 06:44 AM   #60
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I just ordered this for my second case. Then, if I need to, I will attach a velcro hand strap to the back of it, to make it easier when I am reading in bed.
I saw that case but wished it were like the Bobj case I mentioned earlier, which routes the speakers' signal to the front of the device.

Still, you'd have had to pay an additional $10 just for that one feature.