Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-20-2011, 09:37 AM   #1
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Renting Kindle books on Amazon?

Wow, this is nice, especially for expensive technical or computer books.

I have been thinking in buying "Stealing the Network: How to Own the Box" for quite a while, and have not had the chance to check on B&N. But to my surprise, I found is available for renting and for a very good price.

That's a nice deal if people hesitate in buying the book for good.

For novels, you can even read the whole stuff I guess without buying, although not sure that's a great alternative for that type of books.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 03:48 PM   #2
brdwygurl
Connoisseur
brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
Wow, this is nice, especially for expensive technical or computer books.
Interesting, I didn't realize amazon rented books. I have a library card for alachua library in florida, for ebooks (don't have to be a resident). It includes Safari books online, which is a great free resource for technical and computer books. You may want to check it out if you do a lot of tech reading.

I searched Safari and they do have "Stealing the Network: How to Own the Box"
brdwygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2011, 04:52 PM   #3
Joseph R
Zealot
Joseph R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Kobo Glo HD
Lendel is a site where you can rent e-books from someone else and share yours, even get paid to do so! Only Available in the US
Joseph R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 08:09 PM   #4
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillipA82 View Post
Ahh, why all the goods are only available in US. Is there an international version of it?
I think it's cause only US users can initiate a Kindle Loan.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 08:48 PM   #5
Joseph R
Zealot
Joseph R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillipA82 View Post
Ahh, why all the goods are only available in US. Is there an international version of it?
From Lendle.me FAQ:

Requirements

Does Lendle work with non-U.S. Amazon Accounts?

Unfortunately, at this time Amazon only allows book lending for U.S. customers. As such, Lendle does not support users outside of the United States. We expect Amazon to allow lending elsewhere soon. When they do, Lendle will also make our service work for our international users.
Joseph R is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert