Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-10-2012, 05:17 AM   #121
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
Here I am...
I tried to save a bookmark when pressing home button BUT:
- window.onunload
- window.onbeforeunload
- kindle.appmgr.onunload
work only in index.html page, not in others page...

I.E: I can do something when pressing home button only if in index.html page.
That's exactly the same as alert boxes....only in index.html they work without problems!

Moreover, I managed to use kindle.appmgr.onunload some times ago with 5.0.1 firmware (while trying to add wikipedia search)...but it doesn't work anymore in 5.1.0...
silver18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 07:10 AM   #122
pookakitten
Connoisseur
pookakitten began at the beginning.

Device: K5
Hey Silver, a couple ideas I had.

1. In the header line, show the total pages. ex: Title: page 5/15. Admittedly, it'll be off by one since numbering starts at zero, not one, but it'll tell me if I'm nearing a chapter break.

2. Ability to schedule current folder for deletion from the reading menu instead of having to do it through the home screen.

Also, I lost my bookmarks when I upgraded to v1.8. Is this normal? (FYI, it still shows as v1.7 from the launcher.)
pookakitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2012, 09:02 AM   #123
Ilogis
Enthusiast
Ilogis began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks, hope you will find the solution and it does not make you too much trouble. If you can't, thanks for trying anyway.

But it will be very handy I think. I often read comic then escape to mainscreen with the home button, don't find many reasons to change folder or return home. Usually I create a big folder to contain the entire comic or manga, there is no small chapter folder .
Ilogis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 06:25 AM   #124
jakobim
Enthusiast
jakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle Touch
Hello Silver / everybody,

sorry for the noob question, but how do I install Komic 1.8, if I already have 1.7 installed? Is there a way to uninstall 1.7? Or do i just install the 1.8 and it replaces the 1.7?
I just don't want to screw up my kindle.
jakobim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 06:57 AM   #125
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
According to the directions posted in the top (thread topic) post -
Upgrades are simply a drop-in replacement -
Downgrades - ah, there are directions for that case.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-11-2012, 05:30 PM   #126
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookakitten View Post
Hey Silver, a couple ideas I had.

1. In the header line, show the total pages. ex: Title: page 5/15. Admittedly, it'll be off by one since numbering starts at zero, not one, but it'll tell me if I'm nearing a chapter break.

2. Ability to schedule current folder for deletion from the reading menu instead of having to do it through the home screen.

Also, I lost my bookmarks when I upgraded to v1.8. Is this normal? (FYI, it still shows as v1.7 from the launcher.)
I'll add these to my to do list...
I think the first could be done with a bit of shell scripting...
As regards bookmarks, if you want to keep them you must save and replace /extensions/komic/bin/resource/LocalStorage/file__0.localstorage.
As regards v1.7...this is strange as I have v1.8 in my launcher. I checked files in v1.8 release and they are correct!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilogis View Post
Thanks, hope you will find the solution and it does not make you too much trouble. If you can't, thanks for trying anyway.

But it will be very handy I think. I often read comic then escape to mainscreen with the home button, don't find many reasons to change folder or return home. Usually I create a big folder to contain the entire comic or manga, there is no small chapter folder .
It could have been an easy fix...
I'll try again as this involves also pinch-to-zoom and more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakobim View Post
Hello Silver / everybody,

sorry for the noob question, but how do I install Komic 1.8, if I already have 1.7 installed? Is there a way to uninstall 1.7? Or do i just install the 1.8 and it replaces the 1.7?
I just don't want to screw up my kindle.
You won't mess up your Kindle with this WAF!
To update from 1.7 to 1.8, you can follow the plain-install instructions or just replace/add files to komic folder.

Last edited by silver18; 08-11-2012 at 05:35 PM.
Old 08-12-2012, 05:02 AM   #127
Thecamper
Thecamper began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Hey silver18, the update is great! Thanks for that.
Nevertheless I have a bug in the autojump-feature. When I reach the end of the folder it jumps to the first picture of the next folder. But then it says "No more folders to display" and goes back to the startmenu.
I hope you can help.
Thecamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 06:18 AM   #128
silver18
THE NOOB

I just added the total pages...
You can now have Page 5/15 in titlebar and a control on "jump to page".
I'm now rewriting the error handling to use this new feature...it should be more accurate and a bit faster...and it should solve the bug Thecamper found!
Old 08-12-2012, 09:19 AM   #129
silver18
THE NOOB

Ok, everything works...

I added number of pages for every folder and this helped me to fix the errors handling.
Also jump to image is now limited to existing pages.

I also added "schedule for deletion" in reading menu!

EDIT: I just added the possibility to add to/remove from scheduled deletions with the same button.
Moreover, a recycle bin appear in the bottom left corner when you open menu if the comic you're reading is already scheduled for deletion.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2012-08-12T14_48_38-0200.gif
Views:	266
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	90598  

Last edited by silver18; 08-12-2012 at 10:17 AM.
Old 08-12-2012, 01:54 PM   #130
pookakitten
Connoisseur

Thanks so much. You're doing an amazing job on this app.
Old 08-12-2012, 05:46 PM   #131
silver18
THE NOOB

As I can't really provide a way of cutting white borders around images, I changed a bit the "lock image size" feature.

You can change image size using "change image size", then use swipe gestures to move around the image to center it in the kindle screen.
Finally, tap on "lock image size" to set the size you choosed as default image size and to save image position in the screen as default.
This means you can go next/previous/jump to and you'll see always the image at the same size and in the same position (i.e: you won't see white borders!).

Screenshots are easier to understand: first image is the original, the second image is with size changed and image centered. If lock, you'll always see the image like the second one (until you unlock or change folder!)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2012-08-12T23_32_56-0200.gif
Views:	286
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	90670   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2012-08-12T23_32_44-0200.gif
Views:	273
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	90671  
Old 08-13-2012, 03:08 AM   #132
pookakitten
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver18 View Post
I'll add these to my to do list...
I think the first could be done with a bit of shell scripting...
As regards bookmarks, if you want to keep them you must save and replace /extensions/komic/bin/resource/LocalStorage/file__0.localstorage.
Maybe in the future, have this file in a separate location and move it as part of the 2-step install done now? I just drag and drop, so I unknowingly deleted my bookmarks.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:22 AM   #133
silver18
THE NOOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookakitten View Post
Maybe in the future, have this file in a separate location and move it as part of the 2-step install done now? I just drag and drop, so I unknowingly deleted my bookmarks.
I'll add this in the install process!!
Old 08-15-2012, 06:06 AM   #134
silver18
THE NOOB

Next release will be easier to install.
I'll make a bin update and it will also keep bookmarks after updating.
Moreover, I will provide an uninstall package.
Old 08-19-2012, 11:55 AM   #135
silver18
THE NOOB

Another small improvement...
You can now adjust scroll amount with more precision. You can use also any value from 30px to 1050px.
(I'm still trying to make it look good!)

Tags
launcher add-ons