Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 12:36 AM   #1
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer
arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire, iPad, iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350
Affiliate Links for "arcadata"- October 2011

Here's the new thread for October (*here's a link to my September thread to check out the last bargains I posted there)

Quote:
Okay, so you may know me since I post a lot of free and bargain books in this forum. I did add affiliate links to my posts before (the links look like this-> http://www.amazon.com/Fifth-Woman-Wa...ag=arcadata-20), but I've been told that isn't allowed anymore in the main forum. I'll be allowed to continue to post my affiliate links in this personal thread though.

Basically, what happens is that I earn referral fees (starts at 4%) whenever a visitor follows my link to Amazon.com (for example) and then makes a qualifying purchase. It was a pretty good incentive for me to spend time here sharing any freebies and bargains I found since I would get extra money per month to spend on books & apps!

So, hopefully, if you don't mind me getting a commission, you'll come visit this thread and click on my links when you're planning to buy something! My plan is that I'll be posting any bargains I find in this thread, but I'll continue to post any freebies I find in the main thread.
Here's the first deal for October 1

The Postcard (Amish Country Crossroads Series #1) by Beverly Lewis from Baker Publishing Group ($3.00) is the NOOK Daily Find (Oct 1)

Quote:
Product Description

Best-selling author Beverly Lewis has inspired millions of readers with her tender stories set in the amish country of rural Pennsylvania. She has written over fifty books, including the popular Heritage of Lancaster county titles: The Shunning, The Confession, and The Reckoning.

In a terrible accident, Rachel Yoder loses her husband, her son, and her unborn child. Now, Rachel leads a reclusive life with her young daughter. Her soul is troubled, and her eye-sight has mysteriously dimmed. But the discovery of an old postcard, hidden for years, is about to change Rachel's world..

Filled with vivid scenes of Amish life, The Postcard is a heart-warming and thought-provoking examination of the powers of faith and healing.
Old 10-01-2011, 03:05 AM   #2
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer
arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Mercury Falls by Robert Kroese from AmazonEncore ($0.99) is the Kindle Deal of the Day (Oct 1) *Wait for price to reflect discount before 1-clicking

Quote:
Product Description

By his own admission, author Robert Kroese's debut novel, Mercury Falls, owes much to Douglas Adams's Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy. Kroese's whimsical, apocalyptic tale offers levity, absurdity, and imagination in equal measure.

While on assignment in Utah, Christine Temetri isn’t surprised when yet another prophesied Apocalypse fails to occur. After three years of reporting on End Times cults for a religious news magazine, Christine is seriously questioning her career choice. But then she meets Mercury, a cult leader whose knowledge of the impending Apocalypse is decidedly more solid than most: he is an angel, sent from heaven to prepare for the Second Coming but distracted by beer, ping pong, and other earthly delights. After Christine and Mercury inadvertently save Karl Grissom—a film-school dropout and the newly appointed Antichrist—from assassination, she realizes the three of them are all that stand in the way of mankind’s utter annihilation. They are a motley crew compared to the heavenly host bent on earth’s destruction, but Christine figures they’ll just have to do. Full of memorable characters, Mercury Falls is an absurdly funny tale about unlikely heroes on a quest to save the world.
Advert
Old 10-01-2011, 03:36 AM   #3
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcadata View Post
Mercury Falls by Robert Kroese from AmazonEncore ($0.99) is the Kindle Deal of the Day (Oct 1) *Wait for price to reflect discount before 1-clicking
Mercury Swings by Robert Kroese is also free at amazon and free from Smashwords, as Mercury Rises is scheduled to be released in October.
Old 10-01-2011, 09:36 AM   #4
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer

Bargain from Bloomsbury:

The Amaranth Enchantment by Julie Berry is $2.99 at the US Kindle store (Still $6.39 at B&N)

Quote:
Product Description
When a mysterious piece of jewelry and a strange visitor arrive in the jewelry shop where she works for her evil aunt, Lucinda's course takes a surprising turn. With the help of the Amaranth Witch, a young (and harmless) con-artist, and a prince, Lucinda uncovers secrets about her own royal past. A strong seller in hardcover, this original fairytale marks an exciting debut from a lyrical new voice. Can one magical momentlead to happily ever after?
Bargain from Hachette/Grand Central Publishing:

Don't Tell by Karen Rose is $1.99 at the US Kindle store and B&N

Quote:
Product Description
It was a desperate plan. But Mary Grace Winters knew the only way to save herself and her child from her abusive cop husband was to stage their own death. Now all that remains of their former life is at the bottom of a lake. Armed with a new identity in a new town, she and her son have found refuge hundreds of miles away. As Caroline Stewart, she has almost forgotten the nightmare she left behind nine years ago. She is even taking a chance on love with Max Hunter, a man with wounds of his own. But her past is about to collide with the present when her husband uncovers her trail and threatens her hard-won peace. Step by step, he's closing in on her- and everything and everyone she loves.
Old 10-01-2011, 09:43 AM   #5
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer

The Amazon 100 Kindle Books for $3.99 or Less has updated for October! Check out the new batch of discounts.

Quote:
Looking for great books at a low price? Browse the newest section of our store--100 Kindle Books for $3.99 or Less--a diverse selection of deals hand-selected by our editors each month.
Here's just some of the new discounts that haven't been posted previously in the forum:

Wizard's First Rule (The Sword of Truth) by Terry Goodkind ($2.99) from RosettaBooks

Quick-Fix Vegetarian: Healthy Home-Cooked Meals in 30 Minutes or Less by Robin Robertson ($2.99) from Andrews McMeel Publishing LLC

Through a Glass Darkly by Karleen Koen ($2.99) from Sourcebooks

Resurrection Men: An Inspector Rebus Novel (Inspector Rebus Mysteries) by Ian Rankin ($1.99) from Hachette Book Group

The Zombie Project: The Boxcar Children Mysteries #128 ($1.99) from Albert Whitman & Company

and more!

Last edited by arcadata; 10-01-2011 at 10:19 AM.
Advert
Old 10-01-2011, 10:19 AM   #6
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer

P.S. Amazon price matched the Nook deal too:

The Postcard (Amish Country Crossroads Series #1) by Beverly Lewis from Baker Publishing Group is $2.99
Old 10-01-2011, 02:16 PM   #7
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
The Zombie Project: The Boxcar Children Mysteries #128 ($1.99) from Albert Whitman & Company
Holy blast from the past, Batman.
Old 10-01-2011, 11:55 PM   #8
Critteranne
Guru
Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Quote:
The Amazon 100 Kindle Books for $3.99 or Less has updated for October! Check out the new batch of discounts.
Ooh, I'm so glad you posted that list. Vampire by Richie Tankersley Cusick is one of the titles this month. If you hadn't posted the link, I wouldn't have known she was reprinting her backlist as ebooks. I used to buy her books all the time back in my R. L. Stine/Christopher Pike/Fear Streat days.

And I was glad to learn that several of her other older titles are also available for preorder. (They come out on Tuesday, so the wait won't be long.)

Old 10-02-2011, 02:02 AM   #9
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer

How Doctors Think by Jerome Groopman from Houghton Mifflin Harcourt ($3.14) is the NOOK Daily Find (Oct 2)

Quote:
Product Description

A New Yorker staff writer, bestselling author, and professor at Harvard Medical School unravels the mystery of how doctors figure out the best treatments—-or fail to do so. This book describes the warning signs of flawed medical thinking and offers intelligent questions patients can ask.
Old 10-02-2011, 03:02 AM   #10
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer

The Hangman's Daughter by Oliver Pötzsch from AmazonCrossing ($0.99) is the Kindle Deal of the Day (Oct 2) *Wait for price to reflect discount before 1-clicking

Quote:
Product Description

Germany, 1660: When a dying boy is pulled from the river with a mark crudely tattooed on his shoulder, hangman Jakob Kuisl is called upon to investigate whether witchcraft is at play. So begins The Hangman's Daughter, the chillingly detailed, fast-paced historical thriller from German television screenwriter Oliver Pötzsch, a descendent of the Kuisls, a famous Bavarian executioner clan.

About the Author
Oliver Pötzsch , born in 1970, has worked for years as a scriptwriter for Bavarian television. He is a descendant of one of Bavaria's leading dynasties of executioners. Pötzsch lives in Munich with his family.
Old 10-02-2011, 03:14 AM   #11
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer

Bargain from Houghton Mifflin Harcourt:

The Name of the Rose by Umberto Eco is $3.99 at the US Kindle store (Still $9.99 at B&N)

Quote:
Product Description
The year is 1327. Franciscans in a wealthy Italian abbey are suspected of heresy, and Brother William of Baskerville arrives to investigate.

When his delicate mission is suddenly overshadowed by seven bizarre deaths, Brother William turns detective. He collects evidence, deciphers secret symbols and coded manuscripts, and digs into the eerie labyrinth of the abbey where extraordinary things are happening under the cover of night.

A spectacular popular and critical success, The Name of the Rose is not only a narrative of a murder investigation but an astonishing chronicle of the Middle Ages.

About the Author
Umberto Eco is a professor of semiotics at the Universityof Bologna. His other books include Foucault's Pendulum, The Island of the Day Before, and three collections of popular essays, Travels in Hyperreality, Misreadings, and How to Travel with a Salmon and Other Essays. He lives in Milan.
Bargain from Soho Press:

Darkest Child: A Novel by Delores Phillips is $3.99 at the US Kindle store (Still $9.99 at B&N)

Quote:
Product Description
Rozelle Quinn is so fair-skinned that she can pass for white. Her ten children are mostly light, too. They constitute the only world she rules and controls. Her power over them is all she has in an otherwise cruel and uncaring universe.

Rozelle favors her light-skinned kids, but Tangy Mae, 13, her darkest-complected child, is the brightest. She desperately wants to continue with her education. Her mother, however, has other plans. Rozelle wants her daughter to work cleaning houses for whites, like she does, and accompany her to the “Farmhouse,” where Rozelle earns extra money bedding men. Tangy Mae, she’s decided, is of age.

This is the story from an era when life’s possibilities for an African-American were unimaginably different.

Delores Phillips was born in Bartow County, Georgia in 1950, the second of four children. She graduated from Cleveland State University with a bachelor of arts in English and works as a nurse at a state psychiatric hospital. Her work has appeared in Jean’s Journal, Black Times, and The Crisis. She has lived in Cleveland, Ohio since 1964.
Old 10-02-2011, 06:19 PM   #12
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Only the first 3 pages (75 books) show for me. The fourth page just has a list of Amazon forum threads.
Old 10-02-2011, 06:28 PM   #13
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
Only the first 3 pages (75 books) show for me. The fourth page just has a list of Amazon forum threads.
Maybe it was a temporary glitch? I just visited the page and I see all 100 books (in 4 pages)
Old 10-02-2011, 07:37 PM   #14
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Maybe it was a temporary glitch? I just visited the page and I see all 100 books (in 4 pages)
Maybe. It works for me now. I tried several times several ways for several minutes before I posted. Oh, well. Thanks for all the work you do digging these up.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:34 AM   #15
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer

Medicus (Gaius Petreius Ruso Series #1) by Ruth Downie from Bloomsbury USA ($2.99) is the NOOK Daily Find (Oct 3)

Quote:
Product Description

A compelling mystery in an irresistible ancient Roman setting! Roman Army medic Gaius Petreius Ruso came to Britannia for a fresh start. A female corpse, a local slave girl, and a senior centurion who wants to strangle him surely weren't what he had in mind.

Gaius Petrius Ruso, a down-on-his-luck army doctor, succumbs to a moment of weakness and rescues an injured slave girl, Tilla, from the hands of her abusive owner. Now he has a slave who won't talk, can't cook, and drags trouble in her wake. Before he knows it, Ruso is caught in the middle of an investigation into the deaths of prostitutes working out of the local bar. Now Ruso must summon all his forensic knowledge to find a killer who may be after him next.
Closed Thread