Notices

Old 04-20-2011, 10:05 AM   #1
lynt666
Enthusiast
lynt666 began at the beginning.

Device: prs505
pocket edge & calibre

Hello,

I have a new pocket edge. i am trying to send books from calibre to it so that the books be added to pocket edge library. So far i seem to be unable to do so properly.

In my edge the directory where my library is .edge/.esi-content. i have tried with calibre the option to save to disk on my edge to add books. the file goes there but when i open my edge they do not show at all in the library.

i tried using calibre to send epub files to device but when i do so the books go into folder download. if want them to be added to the library , i cant do it.

the only way all seems to be working is by saving all on a usb stick connecting the usb stick to pocket edge & then adding content to library & this way i have to redo all the tags. Which is an awfull thing to do.

Does anyone have this device or any idea how to make things work much better.

Thanks,
lynt666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 10:35 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
You may find that the Save to Folder option is a better choice than Save to Disk? as the 'Folder' device acts like a pseudo device including things like checking for existing books. However why the files are not showing up I do not know.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert