Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-02-2011, 11:54 PM   #1
HarmonS
Enthusiast
HarmonS began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
What happened to the covers?

Did Sony discontinue the covers for the 950? Are they still available somewhere? I don't want the zipper case, or a cover with a light, just a cover.
HarmonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 03:33 AM   #2
spaze
Addict
spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Writing my first short story: Guardian Angel
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=sony+prs-950+cover+ebay
spaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2011, 11:45 AM   #3
Brian M
Brian M has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Brian M has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Brian M has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Brian M has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Brian M has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Brian M has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Brian M has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Brian M has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Brian M has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Brian M has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Brian M has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Device: PRS-950
spaze, that was ZERO help because no one is selling the PRSACL95 (Sony OEM) jackets. And the snarky way with which you delivered that worthless reply was worse than the worthless reply.

HarmonS, the Sony jackets were discontinued months ago (before I bought mine, because I wanted one too). All we have is rumor as to why, some people say it's because of poor quality (frequently breaking), one person thought it might be due to changing the design or location where the jackets are manufactured. Regardless, if you want a jacket, you either have to settle for some "universal" fit for a Nook or Kindle 2 with straps over the corners, or make your own. I finally broke down and ordered one of each from Boxwave. I'll be working on designing something for my own use when I have the time.
Brian M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 12:14 PM   #4
spaze
Addict
spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Writing my first short story: Guardian Angel
Does it have to be Sony? No other manufacturer can do?

http://www.extremeinkjet.com/BookArm...okarmor950.htm

If you do really want Sony and only Sony, you seem to be out of luck.
spaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 12:24 PM   #5
Crimson Blur
Crimson Blur doesn't litterCrimson Blur doesn't litter

Ditto what Brian said. I, too, had been searching for (official) 950 covers to no avail. I just bought my 950 a few days ago and settled on the kindle 2 "M-Edge Platform" jacket, based on experiences others have had here. I can give you my take on it too once I get it in, if you want.

It's a shame that the Sony brand ones are gone, but there are other really nice cases out there that can serve their purposes. Good luck on finding a cover that suits your tastes.
Crimson Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2011, 12:54 PM   #6
gardenstate
Groupie
gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 and PRS-950
adding to a previous posting....

Although not a Sony product, these folks may still be able to get you a BooKArmor cover even though it is listed as out-of-stock. Call them..they told me recently that some are still available but they do not know when their replacement stock will come in from overseas.

http://www.extremeinkjet.com/BookArm...okarmor950.htm

sales@extremeinkjet.com

I have one for the 950 and love it!
gardenstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 05:19 PM   #7
HarmonS
Enthusiast
HarmonS began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Yeah, I really want an OEM cover, like my 505 has. The readers are made with those holes for the pins of the cover to fit into, it sure seems weird that they would quit making them. There is certainly nothing wrong with the quality of the one on my 505 (which I've got to get around to selling one of these days).
HarmonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 07:10 PM   #8
simulacrum
Connoisseur
simulacrum is faster than slow light.simulacrum is faster than slow light.simulacrum is faster than slow light.simulacrum is faster than slow light.simulacrum is faster than slow light.simulacrum is faster than slow light.simulacrum is faster than slow light.simulacrum is faster than slow light.simulacrum is faster than slow light.simulacrum is faster than slow light.simulacrum is faster than slow light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarmonS View Post
Did Sony discontinue the covers for the 950? Are they still available somewhere? I don't want the zipper case, or a cover with a light, just a cover.
There are a few ok third party covers available. I just ordered this one: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Sony-PRS-950-...f#ht_600wt_767

I'll post feedback once I receive it.
simulacrum is offline   Reply With Quote