Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 10-09-2011, 11:35 AM   #1
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
Disappearing table borders in mobi

I have a word document that I saved as filtered web, then converted to both mobi and epub with Calibre. The table border lines show up just fine in the epub version, but not in the mobi version - in one of the tables. In a second table, the lines show up just fine. Was this a one-time error in conversion, and I should be able to get the table borders back if I reconvert? or is handling table borders in mobi conversion a known bug?

ETA: more information: I'm on a Windows 7 box, most recent version of Calibre. I have three tables, one a simple 3 x 4 cell table, and two one-cell tables. I tried adding space between the tables, still no luck. I tried adding text between the tables, and wound up losing all my borders, even on the two one-cell tables. The file is fairly small, but does include 3 graphics and some complex formatting upstream of the tables.

I know this can work, because when I tried this with a Word 7 document with just the one 3 x 4 table in it, the borders came across nicely.

The borders show up as they're supposed to when I convert to epub.

Last edited by BeccaPrice; 10-09-2011 at 12:23 PM.
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 10:42 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
In a second table, the lines show up just fine. Was this a one-time error in conversion, and I should be able to get the table borders back if I reconvert? or is handling table borders in mobi conversion a known bug?
I don't use mobi, but here is a thread you might benefit from. If that thread doesn't have the info you need try looking at this Google search of Mobileread for more info.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:51 AM   #3
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
Thank you - that solved my problem nicely.
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote