Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-13-2009, 10:35 PM   #1
debbielovesbooks
debbielovesbooks began at the beginning.

Device: Sony T2
OPF files to EPUB?

I currently own an EB1150. Therefore I use ConvertLIT GUI to convert LIT files to HTML. Sometimes, instead of getting an HTML file with everything on it, I get a folder with many little HTML files and one OPF file. That works fine (usually) for uploading to the Ebookwise Librarian. However, I am transfering my files to Calibre and converting them to EPUB in anticipation of buying a new reader. I have not been able to persuade Calibre to convert OPF to EPUB. Am I doing something wrong, or am I just out of luck and need to repurchase these books?

I did a seach before posting this, and did not find an answer. If this has been answered a million times before, please accept my apologies in advance and point me in the right direction. Thanks!
debbielovesbooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 11:17 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Short answer, put all the files in a ZIP - see Adding book via OPF file.

However, Calibre can also convert DRM-free LIT to ePub. In ConvertLIT GUI, select Downconvert instead of Extract do get a DRM-free version of the original LIT ebook.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2009, 09:44 PM   #3
debbielovesbooks
debbielovesbooks began at the beginning.

Device: Sony T2
Thank you, wallcraft. I tried the downconvert option you suggested, and not only did it provide me with a DRM-free version of LIT to replace the OPF files, it allowed me to strip the DRM from books that failed the extract process.
debbielovesbooks is offline   Reply With Quote