Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-14-2012, 12:45 PM   #1546
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I got 75% off! I am shocked. I never get the good stuff.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:23 PM   #1547
septentrion
Addict
septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2014, Kindle Voyage and Kindle Oasis 2
Out of curiosity, do the email with the promo code is sent only to people living in the USA or do people living elsewhere got it too? I live in France and since Kobo's partnership with Fnac, I must have got a promo code only once (they're of no use on French ebooks).
septentrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2012, 01:29 PM   #1548
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
I live in Australia and got the email.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:33 PM   #1549
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Cybook Opus, Kobo Glo
Another update. Customer support was very quick to reply and convert the currency, however the exchange rate they used is considerably worse than what is given as the current rate (6.6:1 instead of 8.6:1).

I guess in future I'll have to use my credit card instead of Paypal for purchases.
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:36 AM   #1550
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, kobo touch (dead), kindle touch, android phone
I live in New Zealand and got the email. Only 25% off for me though - so I used bargainmoose40 instead.
kiwipippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2012, 01:31 AM   #1551
GMFuller
Connoisseur
GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
HpIpteR 20%
GMFuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 04:08 AM   #1552
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
I got a 25% one won't be using it while the bargainmoose code is still around
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 04:34 AM   #1553
Yapyap
Guru
Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad 3, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by septentrion View Post
Out of curiosity, do the email with the promo code is sent only to people living in the USA or do people living elsewhere got it too? I live in France and since Kobo's partnership with Fnac, I must have got a promo code only once (they're of no use on French ebooks).
I got one, but only for 25% so I didn't use it.

~Kribu
Yapyap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 08:25 AM   #1554
mXb
Addict
mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ex-Kobo Touch-Nook Simple Touch-Kobo Mini-Retina Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by septentrion View Post
I got Kobo's email in the UK, and also got an email from BargainMoose about the new Kobo voucher.

Got a/the code from BargainMoose website and tried it but already redeemed of course !
mXb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 09:11 AM   #1555
jmilica
Banned
jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle KB, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by mXb View Post
I got Kobo's email in the UK, and also got an email from BargainMoose about the new Kobo voucher.

Got a/the code from BargainMoose website and tried it but already redeemed of course !
What's the new BargainMoose Kobo voucher? Something other than Bargainmoose40 ?
jmilica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 03:45 PM   #1556
Danger
Evangelist
Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2 (retired), Kobo Touch (passed to the wife), KGlo, Galaxy TabPro
IpDAKiU = 20% off, I won't be using it. 20% off isn't worth the pain in the ass that it is to find a book I want and can use the discount on.
Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 03:48 PM   #1557
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger View Post
IpDAKiU = 20% off, I won't be using it. 20% off isn't worth the pain in the ass that it is to find a book I want and can use the discount on.
I quite agree.

I check my to buy list to see if any of the discount codes work against that, and if not ..... nope, like you it's just way too difficult.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 11:38 PM   #1558
septentrion
Addict
septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2014, Kindle Voyage and Kindle Oasis 2
Thank you to those who took time to answer my question.
septentrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:48 AM   #1559
GMFuller
Connoisseur
GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
jdiJtXZ 20%
GMFuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:25 AM   #1560
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
An update on the gift voucher saga. I purchased a $12 (USD) voucher which I then applied to my account. Under store credit it now shows the following message:
Quote:
We're sorry, but the currency for your current location does not match the currency we use for your store credit. Please contact Customer Care to convert your store credit to your local currency.
I've contacted customer support so I'll see how long it takes. It seems that is indeed possible to use this method, but it's extremely cumbersome. If only they had a method to just change the currency on the fly, or some way to convert prices to USD when doing Paypal transactions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
Another update. Customer support was very quick to reply and convert the currency, however the exchange rate they used is considerably worse than what is given as the current rate (6.6:1 instead of 8.6:1).

I guess in future I'll have to use my credit card instead of Paypal for purchases.
Thanks for the update. Good to know it works albeit with a hassle in case it is every necessary to use. But indeed, with such bad exchange rates it'd be better to use alternatives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I got 75% off! I am shocked. I never get the good stuff.
Yay! So did I!
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coupon, discount, ridiculous deals