Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 12-14-2009, 04:36 PM   #1
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Bought Stylz Leather Case for Pocket PRO

Dear All:

I work for Astak.

I purchased a Milano Brown leather case for my Pocket PRO on a tip I saw here on the forum. This case is real leather and feels really nice. It has a special third part (it is a bi-fold) and that pads the screen plus holds SD cards and business cards and such.

It was $29.99 from www.stylzworld.com.

Frankly, I like it. It is made for the BeBook Mini but says on the website that it fits the Astak Pocket PRO... and it does. The clips are the same as on the original case so it snaps right in.

The case looks and feels great. Milano Brown is much better looking than the tan stock case and looks rich and feels supple.

So, for all of you waiting to step up to a great leather case for your Pocket PRO... this is a great option. It comes in black and red and a couple other colors.

It took about ten days for them to ship it to me. I can attest that this is a viable option and I really like mine!!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 10:29 PM   #2
Sunspark
Zealot
Sunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with others

Device: EZ Reader Pocket PRO
I agree. Mine arrived today in black, and it's a good quality case.
Sunspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 09:50 AM   #3
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Mine is "aging" nicely... A true leather cover should have scratches!

I find it a pleasure to hold, it's so soft.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 10:30 AM   #4
MaggieScratch
Has got to the black veil
MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle Paperwhite 2
Is it as stiff as the OEM cover? While it's not the most gorgeous thing in the world, I like the protectiveness of it.
MaggieScratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 11:45 AM   #5
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieScratch View Post
Is it as stiff as the OEM cover? While it's not the most gorgeous thing in the world, I like the protectiveness of it.
No. But the form-fitting screen section protects the screen from dust better.

The best cover would be one that takes the best features of the Stylzes cover and the CYbook fancy cover. Change to top load of the Cybook to an inside load, use four magnets instead of two, one on each corner instead of the flap on the STylzes...
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 01:20 PM   #6
Robertb
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Very soft and not stiff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieScratch View Post
Dear Maggie:

No, the Stylz leather cover is not stiff like the regular case. It is very soft and supple to the touch. It is a bi-fold.... meaning it has three panels. The third (interior panel) protects the screen and is padded to fit and protect the screen. All you really feel when it is closed is soft and supple leather. I feel it protects just as well if not better; yet is not hard and rigid. The padded part is exactly cut to fit the screen so you do not notice the protection... but it is there. It also has a loop built on the back panel where you can tuck the strap back when the case is open (a nice touch). It holds business cards and SD cards and that is a nice feature.

The color is a rich brown, unlike the tan of the standard case.

You would, I think, really like it! It closes with the insertion of the strap... it is not magnetic like the standard case.

For some reason... access to the scroll wheel is better on the Stylz and it is easier to utilize the scroll wheel in my opinion. I can see no reason why... but it is!
Old 12-15-2009, 01:25 PM   #7
Robertb

Magnetic versus clips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
No. But the form-fitting screen section protects the screen from dust better.

The best cover would be one that takes the best features of the Stylzes cover and the CYbook fancy cover. Change to top load of the Cybook to an inside load, use four magnets instead of two, one on each corner instead of the flap on the STylzes...
Dear Ralph Sir:

We have seen a few devices come in that use magnetic fastening to secure the device in place in the case. It works well... but I never lost a feeling of discomfort that it would fall out. Maybe, in time, that would not be a problem. I am not "putting it down"... but I just feel more secure with clips.
Old 12-15-2009, 01:35 PM   #8
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
Is it possible to clip one of the small Mighty Bright reading lights to the Stylz case?
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 01:47 PM   #9
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Dear All:

I purchased a Milano Brown leather case for my Pocket PRO on a tip I saw here on the forum. This case is real leather and feels really nice. It has a special third part (it is a bi-fold) and that pads the screen plus holds SD cards and business cards and such.

It was $29.99 from www.stylzworld.com.

Frankly, I like it. It is made for the BeBook Mini but says on the website that it fits the Astak Pocket PRO... and it does. The clips are the same as on the original case so it snaps right in.

The case looks and feels great. Milano Brown is much better looking than the tan stock case and looks rich and feels supple.

So, for all of you waiting to step up to a great leather case for your Pocket PRO... this is a great option. It comes in black and red and a couple other colors.

It took about ten days for them to ship it to me. I can attest that this is a viable option and I really like mine!!
Can you provide a picture of the cover unfolded to show the bi-fold style? This type of view isn't available on the Stylz website.

Also, just FYI - it looks like they have dropped the price by $5 - they are now $24.99, unless your $29.99 was the price with shipping.

Old 12-15-2009, 01:50 PM   #10
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Dear Ralph Sir:

We have seen a few devices come in that use magnetic fastening to secure the device in place in the case. It works well... but I never lost a feeling of discomfort that it would fall out. Maybe, in time, that would not be a problem. I am not "putting it down"... but I just feel more secure with clips.
Not putting down the existing Styles case, it's what I use. Just ideas to make better closer to perfection....
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 02:41 PM   #11
Stormchild
Evangelist
Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1. BeBook Mini. BeBook Neo and Club. BeBook Live. BeeBook Pure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93terp View Post
Is it possible to clip one of the small Mighty Bright reading lights to the Stylz case?
Yes. No problem at all.
Stormchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 03:03 PM   #12
93terp
Fear The Turtle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormchild View Post
Yes. No problem at all.
Old 12-15-2009, 03:37 PM   #13
Robertb

You can clip either Mighty Bright

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93terp View Post
Dear 93terp:

Yes, you can clip either the Mighty Bright mini-flex or the double LED Mighty BrightXtra Flex 2 to the case very easily! I just tried it.
Old 12-15-2009, 03:44 PM   #14
93terp
Fear The Turtle!

Quote:
Dear 93terp:

Yes, you can clip either the Mighty Bright mini-flex or the double LED Mighty BrightXtra Flex 2 to the case very easily! I just tried it.
Old 12-15-2009, 06:28 PM   #15
Robertb

Pictures of Stylz Case

Dear All:

Here are three shots of the Stylz leather case: closed, open as a 2-panel, open as a three panel!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Stylz Closed leather case.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	422.5 KB
ID:	41329   Click image for larger version

Name:	Stylz Open 2 panel case view.jpg
Views:	405
Size:	461.0 KB
ID:	41330   Click image for larger version

Name:	Stylz fully open 3-panel case.jpg
Views:	417