Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 02-08-2013, 05:10 PM   #1
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 7, Sony PRS300, Fire HD8 Tablet
any opinions on the best ebook marketing books?

I gotta have hardcover or paperback. As you know, there are a million out there. Any that actually work? Thanks.
Gregg Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:38 AM   #2
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
What can I say? If you find anything that "actually work" be sure to let us know.

Most of the ebook marketing stuff I've read has been online or electronic format only, and many are biased toward some particular solution (i.e. advertorial in nature once you go delving into their origins). I'm sure there are probably some exceptions, but I'm not certain that effective marketing is something you can read out of a book. Money and talent/aptitude (at marketing) seem to be big factors, and the first can allow you to buy the latter.

But then I should also point out that I'm lousy at marketing, so anything I've got to say on the subject is of very limited value.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2013, 02:43 AM   #3
HistoryWes
Teacher/Novelist
HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR, iPad
You want to sell ebooks, but you've got to have your reference as a paperback or hardcover???

The Smashwords Book Marketing Guide by Mark Coker is an ebook, but you can print out a copy if you need a paperback. Nothing is in there that is not common sense really, but I doubt you'll find anything of value anywhere else that isn't in it. There also might be something you haven't thought of. It's really a decent reference. http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/305
Oh yes, and it's free.

Last edited by HistoryWes; 02-09-2013 at 02:44 AM. Reason: Author credit
HistoryWes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:52 AM   #4
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
What can I say? If you find anything that "actually work" be sure to let us know.

This.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:08 PM   #5
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post

Most of the ebook marketing stuff I've read has been online or electronic format only, and many are biased toward some particular solution (i.e. advertorial in nature once you go delving into their origins). I'm sure there are probably some exceptions, but I'm not certain that effective marketing is something you can read out of a book. Money and talent/aptitude (at marketing) seem to be big factors, and the first can allow you to buy the latter.

But then I should also point out that I'm lousy at marketing, so anything I've got to say on the subject is of very limited value.
Thanks G.M.
Advert
Old 02-11-2013, 04:10 PM   #6
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell

thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryWes View Post
You want to sell ebooks, but you've got to have your reference as a paperback or hardcover???
Thanks, HistoryWes. Yes, lol, a little strange to need a printed book but I like to underline (and leave it open when I look at the PC). I knew (but forgot) about the Coker thing. Thanks. And will definitely check out the other link. Thanks.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:12 PM   #7
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell

thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryWes View Post
Thanks, HistoryWes. Yes, lol, a little strange to need a printed book but I like to underline (and leave it open when I look at the PC). I knew (but forgot) about the Coker thing. Thanks for reminding me.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:36 AM   #8
Corkobo
Zealot
Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearstardiode View Post
I gotta have hardcover or paperback.
I submit that a hardcover or a paperback is the opposite of what you should look for.

Considering the rapid changes in the ebook market a printed book will probably not include advice about the latest opportunities, trends, markets, etc. as it was probably written a year before you actually read it.

And for the same reason, I would not even bother reading books about web marketing that are more than 2 years old.
Corkobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:45 PM   #9
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell

thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkobo View Post
I submit that a hardcover or a paperback is the opposite of what you should look for.

Considering the rapid changes in the ebook market a printed book will probably not include advice about the latest opportunities, trends, markets, etc. as it was probably written a year before you actually read it.

And for the same reason, I would not even bother reading books about web marketing that are more than 2 years old.
I agree with you. Thanks for the good advice.