Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 01-18-2014, 02:18 AM   #16
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, ADE on PC
@theducks -- Link id's-- Yes, I do use a letter prefix. Thank you so much for the tip to use unique letters.

I will probably expand my AutoHotkey script-- right now, it does a "find next", waits for a number input from me, and then auto-types the entire string for the anchor tag, including the footnote number. I will just input some more characters to identify the chapter as well as the tag *number*.

For me, scripting with AHK feels simpler than trying to design REGEX patterns. I think my genetic inheritance is at fault. (I always blame everything I'm not good at on great-great-grampaw. )
GrannyGrump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 06:20 AM   #17
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
An advantage of the combination chapter/footnote number in debugging is that you know just at a glance where the problem is. I have spent hours untangling footnotes in some books!
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2014, 05:12 PM   #18
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyGrump View Post
@theducks -- Link id's-- Yes, I do use a letter prefix. Thank you so much for the tip to use unique letters.

I will probably expand my AutoHotkey script-- right now, it does a "find next", waits for a number input from me, and then auto-types the entire string for the anchor tag, including the footnote number. I will just input some more characters to identify the chapter as well as the tag *number*.

For me, scripting with AHK feels simpler than trying to design REGEX patterns. I think my genetic inheritance is at fault. (I always blame everything I'm not good at on great-great-grampaw. )
Granny:

If you want to renumber endnotes for each chapter, it's always going to be manual. We've encountered this, long ago, and changed our process. We essentially do exactly what My One Twoo Wuv Ducky does: we regex the original file, insert the hr's before each chapter header class, and split it. If you try to keep endnotes with a particular CHAPTER/section, and restart numbering, you are, as you have observed, screwed.

If you do that, be prepared to reset the links by hand. Or, just rock-n-roll with 1-->infinity, and you'll be a much, much happier person. ;-)

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 05:36 AM   #19
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, ADE on PC
@Hitch --- thanks for confirming that the "infinity" route will work with Sigil file-splitting.

My projects have VERY few footnotes, so at present, my bone-simple regex combined with my AHK script gives me very fast and easy output. If I ever have one that goes over 100 notes, I will definitely follow your advice.
GrannyGrump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 04:39 PM   #20
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyGrump View Post
@Hitch --- thanks for confirming that the "infinity" route will work with Sigil file-splitting.

My projects have VERY few footnotes, so at present, my bone-simple regex combined with my AHK script gives me very fast and easy output. If I ever have one that goes over 100 notes, I will definitely follow your advice.
Any time! And now I know upon whose door to knock when I'm knocking MY head against the desk with AHK! ;-) (Couldn't live without it, but like regex, my use is pretty basic.)

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
link filenames broken, sigil file splitting