Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > BeBook

Notices

Old 03-27-2010, 12:12 PM   #1
Fith
Enthusiast
Fith began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook Neo / Onyx Boox 60
Barnes & Noble from the UK

I have been trying to get Harlan Coben's new book, "Caught", in ePub format. As it is not yet available in the UK and it's only $10 from Barnes and Noble, I was wondering if any one has used them with the Neo. In particular from the UK.

Also what is the method of registration if you buy through a PC, not the Neo, regarding DRM? Is it Adobe DE?

This would be my first Purchase.
Fith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 12:52 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
B&N will not sell to people outside North America.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2010, 05:39 AM   #3
Fith
Enthusiast
Fith began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook Neo / Onyx Boox 60
I thought I had read that somewhere, yet they ship physical goods...

Thanks Harry.
Fith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 07:46 AM   #4
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fith View Post
I have been trying to get Harlan Coben's new book, "Caught", in ePub format. As it is not yet available in the UK and it's only $10 from Barnes and Noble, I was wondering if any one has used them with the Neo. In particular from the UK.

Also what is the method of registration if you buy through a PC, not the Neo, regarding DRM? Is it Adobe DE?

This would be my first Purchase.
a.) You can purchase eBooks from B&N. But you need VPN, B&N checks your IP. They only sell to people within the US. But they accept any credit card.
b.) I've bought about 150 eBooks from B&N so far. About 95% of those are PDB, only some are ePUB. As far as I know, you can't tell before purchasing, which format you will get. You can strip ePUB and PDB from DRM. But for PDB I find the results far from being perfect. B&N has their own DRM (user name and credit card number), so you need another tool as usual for stripping DRM.
c.) Use sites like the following for finding your books in the formats you need:
http://inkmesh.com/
http://ebooks.addall.com/
http://ebookprice.info/

Last edited by mgmueller; 04-26-2010 at 08:05 AM.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:31 AM   #5
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
a.) You can purchase eBooks from B&N. But you need VPN, B&N checks your IP. They only sell to people within the US. But they accept any credit card.
Thanks for the tip!!! It works great!!!
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2010, 05:20 PM   #6
rwillmer
luzme.com
rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Glo, iPhone, iPad
Harlan Coben's "Caught" available in the UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fith View Post
You can get this from Waterstones now in the UK, if you're willing to spend £13.29...

I'm waiting for this one too, but I think I'll wait for the price to drop!

Cheers
Rachel
rwillmer is offline   Reply With Quote