Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 11-23-2011, 08:19 AM   #46
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@BradV - an interesting idea. Certainly it should be possible to offer as an option.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 04:33 AM   #47
lachyzee
lachyzee began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
I really can't this to grab any covers for me. For instance none of my Game of Thrones series books work, or the Hunger Games series. I'm using 1.2.
lachyzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2011, 05:09 AM   #48
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@lazychee - I know it is retrieving "some" covers as it has worked fine so far for me, but there could well be something specific to those books. As I said in the release post please be more specific with the details by giving me the B&N web page for a few of the books you are having issues with.
Old 11-24-2011, 06:11 AM   #49
lachyzee

A few examples:

The Hunger Games, Suzanne Collins - http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/hung...e+hunger+games

A Game of Thrones, George R. R. Martin - http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/game...ame+of+thrones

The Hobbit, J. R. R. Tolkien - http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/hobb...sri=the+hobbit

The Two Towers, J. R. R. Tolkien - http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/two-...sri=two+towers

Am I just doing something wrong perhaps? Thanks for all your hard work on your plugin by the way, don't mean to complain or anything, they're great.
Old 11-24-2011, 12:57 PM   #50
BradV
BradV began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3
Hmmm...I am running into an issue as well. Books that were found on B&N yesterday by the plugin are not being found today.
Example: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/w/h...ine/1100315207

Here is the log excerpt for the details:
****************************** Barnes & Noble ******************************
Request extra headers: [('User-agent', 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:2.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0.1')]
Found 0 results
Downloading from Barnes & Noble took 1.85599994659
B&N url: u'http://search.barnesandnoble.com/w/horrible-harry-at-halloween-suzy-kline/1100315207/'
Could not find title/authors/Barnes & Noble id for u'http://search.barnesandnoble.com/w/horrible-harry-at-halloween-suzy-kline/1100315207/'
Barnes & Noble: u'w/horrible-harry-at-halloween-suzy-kline/1100315207' Title: None Authors: None

And the log for the cover:
****************************** Barnes & Noble Covers ******************************
Request extra headers: [('User-agent', 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:2.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0.1')]
Failed to download valid cover
Took 2.69900012016 seconds
No cached cover found, running identify
B&N url: u'http://search.barnesandnoble.com/w/horrible-harry-at-halloween-suzy-kline/1100315207/'
Could not find title/authors/Barnes & Noble id for u'http://search.barnesandnoble.com/w/horrible-harry-at-halloween-suzy-kline/1100315207/'
Barnes & Noble: u'w/horrible-harry-at-halloween-suzy-kline/1100315207' Title: None Authors: None
No cover found

Last edited by BradV; 11-24-2011 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Attached log excerpts
BradV is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2011, 03:44 PM   #51
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

@lachyzee / BradV - I think B&N are suffering from the same problem that Amazon did with their recent upgrades. Either they haven't upgraded all their web servers yet, or something is caching pages in between. As I have managed by refreshing to get two different appearances (and the plugin alternately working/not working).

I am not going to bother coding for this as it is hopefully a short term thing. Hopefully it won't take long for them to get their act together and fully deploy their new look site. You can see for yourself by hitting ctrl+F5 in your web browser and seeing different page layouts.
Old 11-25-2011, 06:30 AM   #52
lachyzee

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
@lachyzee
No worries, keep up the good work! appreciate it
Old 11-25-2011, 10:06 AM   #53
BradV
BradV began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3
That makes sense. Thanks for looking into this!

BradV
BradV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 05:27 PM   #54
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

v1.2.1 Released

Changes in this release:
  • Add back support for the old style website pages as B&N haven't completely migrated yet.

After saying I wouldn't do this a few posts ago I have changed my mind, as is my right of course . So the plugin should now handle both the old style and new style pages.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:58 PM   #55
aznime
aznime began at the beginning.

Device: NOOK
awesome plugin! I'm now able to get high quality covers, however, it doesn't seem to download the comments metadata? all other metadata downloads work though.
aznime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 02:02 AM   #56
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

Hi aznime,

I'm seeing this behaviour too - it seems B&N must have tweaked their website at some point. I will put another release out probably tonight, unless I can quickly fix it before heading to work...
Old 03-06-2012, 02:33 AM   #57
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

v1.2.2 Released

Changes in this release:
  • Fix for change to B&N website affecting the comments field.
Old 03-06-2012, 03:25 AM   #58
aznime

wow! that was quickly fixed...awesome!!! all is working now

thank you.
Old 03-06-2012, 06:58 PM   #59
aznime

just a question..is the plugin able to capture the editorial reviews as well...just like amazon?
Old 03-06-2012, 07:05 PM   #60
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

In theory it "could" if it was coded to do so. It just isn't currently, mostly because I have no interest in them on my own books. So right now the answer is no