Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-19-2011, 10:14 PM   #1
PegS
Connoisseur
PegS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.PegS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.PegS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.PegS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: NOOKcolor
Dropbox Help

Okay, I give up. Yes, I'm sure this is a no-brainer but I just can't figure it out. I read the Dropbox instructions too, and am still coming up short.

When I use my Dropbox on my computer to move stuff move the Dropbox app on my NC, I can't seem to figure out how to then move the files in my NC to where I want them without having to go through Astro. When I right-click a downloaded file it doesn't give me the option to move the file anywhere, which means I can only access it through the Dropbox. I've resorted to using WiFi File Explorer instead of Dropbox, but I know I'm just doing something wrong. Help!
PegS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 10:37 PM   #2
BarryR
Connoisseur
BarryR doesn't litterBarryR doesn't litter

Device: Color Nook
I also noticed that if I try to open a jpg in my dropbox, dropbox just freezes on a blank screen. I can open any other app and the nook works fine but I can't use dropbox again unless I restart the (color) nook or kill the dropbox app.
BarryR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2011, 08:00 AM   #3
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
I've only used Dropbox to DL .apk files. (I had put several .apk files into my Dropbox prior to rooting.) They automatically go into the install procedure just as if I DLed them from Market. Once installed everything is normal on the NC.

Edit: Just tried a .jpg file. Opened it in Gallery just as normal. File is on the SD card in the Dropbox folder but is on the NC (i.e. it's local). Even on the PC you'd have to move the files from Dropbox to where ever you wanted to store it. So it seems normal that you'd have to do the same on the NC.

Last edited by slayda; 01-20-2011 at 08:09 AM.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 09:42 AM   #4
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
Quote:
Originally Posted by PegS View Post
Okay, I give up. Yes, I'm sure this is a no-brainer but I just can't figure it out. I read the Dropbox instructions too, and am still coming up short.

When I use my Dropbox on my computer to move stuff move the Dropbox app on my NC, I can't seem to figure out how to then move the files in my NC to where I want them without having to go through Astro. When I right-click a downloaded file it doesn't give me the option to move the file anywhere, which means I can only access it through the Dropbox. I've resorted to using WiFi File Explorer instead of Dropbox, but I know I'm just doing something wrong. Help!
What are you trying to do with the dropbox files? If you are reading epubs through aldiko you can navigate to the dropbox folder and then import it in the aldiko application.
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 11:57 AM   #5
PegS
Connoisseur
PegS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.PegS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.PegS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.PegS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: NOOKcolor
Thanks all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by volwrath View Post
What are you trying to do with the dropbox files?
I was trying to move mp3s from the Dropbox into the Music file.
PegS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2011, 06:06 PM   #6
beyond2k
beyond2k began at the beginning.

Device: NOOK Color
Quote:
Thanks all.

I just copy them from the dropbox folder to the folder i want on the nook.
beyond2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 10:35 PM   #7
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
Quote:
Thanks all.

I see. I don't know of a good way to do that without using an explorer sorry
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote