Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-21-2013, 03:21 PM   #61
Mostly Math
Groupie
Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (loaned out), KoboTouch (given away), KoboVox, KoboGlo, AuraHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
Calibre can send the series info for sideloaded books if you want. You just need to select the "Set series information" box in the KoboTouch plugin, set metadata management to automatic, and plug the device back in to connect with Calibre a second time after the book has been sent to the device.
I am running a Beta version of the new plug in, and I did have those boxes ticked but the shelves didn't create and the series info didn't show. I will update the guru in charge of the beta.
Mostly Math is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:23 PM   #62
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Remember in order for the series info to populate you have to plug the device in a second time.

Also, do you have Metadata Management set to Automatic?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:28 PM   #63
Liesse
Zealot
Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Can you give an example of how this looks?

Just type out what you see in your list. Is the series info shown automatically, or do you use Calibre to put it in for you?
I sideload my books, so it is Calibre managed, thanks to the Kobo driver. I believe books you buy from Kobo have the info already set.

So long as you fill in the series information and series number in Calibre, the information will be transferred to the device, so long as you have the 'sent series info' in the driver options ticked.I like managing meta data, and use the Calibre 'manage series' plugin to help, along with custom columns for shelves I want to books to go into.

You can see it in action in mostly_Math's screenshot here. Look at the second one, and see the Earthsea title? It has author, title and series information. The screenshot isn't too clear on this, but on my glo they show in different shades of grey, so you don't confuse title and series. The series font is smaller and lighter. The top and bottom books in the screenshot also show the series info details. (but I adore Earthsea, so I'm picking that one).

I love this feature. You don't have to name your books "Tolkien - Return of the King - LOTR 03" with it, though lots of my library is still named that way. Its an old habit.

Mostly_Math: if series isn't showing up for you, did you plug in the Kobo and run calibre a second time after you had sideloaded your books? It'll do its magic on that second plug in. This is when it will put any books into shelves you have asked it to, also.

Last edited by Liesse; 04-21-2013 at 03:34 PM.
Liesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:32 PM   #64
Mostly Math
Groupie
Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Nice! How about a view showing a shelf or two in cover view?
1) Shows how easy it is to add books to a bookshelf, just select the books you want
2) Shows the keyboard, numbers are there, no need to change keyboards
3) Shows the bookshelves
4) Shows one bookshelf

S
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20130421_151535.jpg
Views:	361
Size:	450.1 KB
ID:	104711   Click image for larger version

Name:	20130421_151631.jpg
Views:	366
Size:	457.9 KB
ID:	104713   Click image for larger version

Name:	20130421_151739.jpg
Views:	357
Size:	488.0 KB
ID:	104715   Click image for larger version

Name:	20130421_151750.jpg
Views:	354
Size:	494.8 KB
ID:	104718  
Old 04-21-2013, 03:35 PM   #65
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Thank you. This ability is absolutely essential to me, it's how I have book lists displayed in my Sony T1 and both my Kindles.

The more I see of the Aura, the more I like it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liesse View Post
I sideload my books, so it is Calibre managed, thanks to the Kobo driver. I believe books you buy from Kobo have the info already set.

So long as you fill in the series information and series number in Calibre, the information will be transferred to the device, so long as you have the 'sent series info' in the driver options ticked.I like managing meta data, and use the Calibre 'manage series' plugin to help, along with custom columns for shelves I want to books to go into.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:38 PM   #66
Mostly Math
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liesse View Post
Mostly_Math: if series isn't showing up for you, did you plug in the Kobo and run calibre a second time after you had sideloaded your books? It'll do its magic on that second plug in. This is when it will put any books into shelves you have asked it to, also.
No I didn't Now I did, and WOW, there is the series info!!! I am learning SO MUCH today!.

And KOBO + calibre = BEST THING EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

S
Old 04-21-2013, 03:39 PM   #67
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
More pics?

Heck yes, without Calibre, my Kindles would be far less useful. I use a similar means to put the series info on my kindle books. And my Sony books. So knowing this can be done with Kobo is fantastic. Ya'll are making me want the Aura.

Last edited by booklover6; 04-21-2013 at 03:46 PM.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:53 PM   #68
Mostly Math
Groupie

Quote:
More pics?

Heck yes, without Calibre, my Kindles would be far less useful. I use a similar means to put the series info on my kindle books. And my Sony books. So knowing this can be done with Kobo is fantastic. Ya'll are making me want the Aura.
BUY ONE!!!

Here are 5 pics of a shelf once I plugged my KOBO back in and had the metadata updated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20130421_154020.jpg
Views:	364
Size:	419.6 KB
ID:	104724   Click image for larger version

Name:	20130421_154037.jpg
Views:	381
Size:	457.4 KB
ID:	104725   Click image for larger version

Name:	20130421_154055.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	427.6 KB
ID:	104726   Click image for larger version

Name:	20130421_154108.jpg
Views:	374
Size:	449.6 KB
ID:	104727   Click image for larger version

Name:	20130421_154114.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	482.5 KB
ID:	104728  
Old 04-21-2013, 04:02 PM   #69
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Do I detect pink blotches on that screen?
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 04:05 PM   #70
Mostly Math
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleshuffle View Post
Do I detect pink blotches on that screen?
No, that is just my crappy phone and poor photography skills
Old 04-21-2013, 04:07 PM   #71
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
Quote:
I like the way the series info is under the title on your epubs....are those sideloaded books?
I like that too!
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 04:07 PM   #72
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
I was just kidding... Your photos are great though. Much appreciated.
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 04:08 PM   #73
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Mostly Math - thanks for posting the pictures! Great data points.
Old 04-21-2013, 04:10 PM   #74
93terp
Fear The Turtle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mostly Math View Post
1) Library with side loaded epub (from calibre) I notice the series info isn't there
2) side loaded epub purchased from KOBO
3) side loaded epup purchased from AMAZON

S

PS: I'm having fun (and learning how to use my phone) so if anyone else wants any other pictures let me know.

Can you post pictures of the page #/reading progress as displaying in a sideloaded epub?

Old 04-21-2013, 04:12 PM   #75
93terp
Fear The Turtle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
You just need to select the "Set series information" box in the KoboTouch plugin, set metadata management to automatic, and plug the device back in to connect with Calibre a second time after the book has been sent to the device.
Where does one get/download the KoboTouch plugin for Calibre?