Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 08-19-2009, 06:18 PM   #1
Les Hall
Les Hall began at the beginning.

Device: Jetbook
Jetbook Hardware Upgrade Failed

Just got me new Jetbook today and am 'fairly' pleased pending a few issues. It came loaded with 0.33c, but being a 'gotta have the latest' kind of guy i tried to upgrade to 0.33g But no success - keep getting the message 'Hardware Upgrade Failed. Hardware Failure Occurs'.

Any suggestions?

thanks. Les
Les Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 07:02 PM   #2
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Sorry about that Less, you're the first person I've heard of getting a DOA JetBook.

Send it back, there is obviosly a hardware issue, it told you there is. Call the dealer you got it from and find out how they RMA DOA stuff.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-19-2009, 07:19 PM   #3
bonteku
Interested Observer
bonteku began at the beginning.

Device: Palm tx/Jetbook
If you're running the upgrade off a memory card,try a different card.The first time I tried installing new firmware I had the same problem your having but a different card did the trick.I've found that my Jetbook is a little fussy about the memory cards it approves of.Good Luck Les!
bonteku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 08:41 PM   #4
Kralik
Guru
Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted NST
Les, are you saying that it now will not boot? I would try another card as suggested (if you have one), but also not give up... I practically bricked my jetBook trying Chinese firmware and even then I was able to get it restored. I think the firmware flashing (Power + Right button) is a lower-level function than the firmware itself.
Kralik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 11:28 PM   #5
Les Hall
Les Hall began at the beginning.

Device: Jetbook
Hurrah for suggesting another SD card - did the trick! I used a 512mb and that worked VS a 2gb which did not work...

Now I can put it thru its paces. The PDF handling was weird - hope it's better.

LH
Les Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert