Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-03-2014, 02:10 PM   #46
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Is this supposed to work in KOreader? There does seem to be additional responses to poking and pinching, with two fingers but I don't get consistent results.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 03:51 PM   #47
giorgio130
Time Waster
giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo and Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
Is this supposed to work in KOreader? There does seem to be additional responses to poking and pinching, with two fingers but I don't get consistent results.

Luck;
Ken
Hi Ken, multitouch in KOReader for older kobos is not enabled yet, I have to think a way to distinguish between those with this new kernel installed and those who don't have it.
giorgio130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2014, 06:31 AM   #48
Joques
Addict
Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.

Device: Kobo Glo
Hello! Works like a charm on my HD, this is awesome! Just one question: Is it possible for the end user to reduce the sensitivity to input?
Joques is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 01:48 PM   #49
giorgio130
Time Waster
giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joques View Post
Hello! Works like a charm on my HD, this is awesome! Just one question: Is it possible for the end user to reduce the sensitivity to input?
I'm afraid that's not possible, that logic is buried in nickel To fine tune, I usually use two hands, one finger doesn't move and the other one moves slightly.
Old 02-05-2014, 02:24 PM   #50
trekk
Terraner
trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Aura One, Kindle Oasis 1 & 2 ...
Giorgio, is it possible to set the range of the front light from 2-100 % to avoid the 1 % bug, that somehow seems to appear quite often after installing KoboMultitouch?
trekk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2014, 02:39 PM   #51
Joques
Addict
Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.

Giorgio, that worked perfectly! I can now reliably go from 1 to 3 %. Thank you so much for this. The swipe was one of the reasons I almost bought an Aura instead of an HD, and now I have the best of both worlds :-)
Joques is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 03:34 PM   #52
giorgio130
Time Waster

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekk View Post
Giorgio, is it possible to set the range of the front light from 2-100 % to avoid the 1 % bug, that somehow seems to appear quite often after installing KoboMultitouch?
I think that the bug could be related to the bootloader I include with my kernel. I'll check if changing it solves anything, otherwise yes, eliminating the 1% intensity could solve it but I think many people would be happier with a lower avaliable intensity and this minor problem.
Old 02-05-2014, 04:02 PM   #53
trekk
Terraner
trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Aura One, Kindle Oasis 1 & 2 ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by giorgio130 View Post
I think that the bug could be related to the bootloader I include with my kernel. I'll check if changing it solves anything, otherwise yes, eliminating the 1% intensity could solve it but I think many people would be happier with a lower avaliable intensity and this minor problem.
Thanks for your effort! I totally agree.
trekk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 06:37 AM   #54
SSJGoku
SSJGoku began at the beginning.

Thank you for this. You have made my e-reader the Ultimate Kobo Glo.
SSJGoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 08:02 AM   #55
erikssenmar867
Connoisseur
erikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Hi Giorgio, thanks for this hack! I love it on my Glo!
Do you think that it can be installed for new fw 3.2.0, or we'll have to wait for a new version?
Thanks
erikssenmar867 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 03:14 PM   #56
giorgio130
Time Waster

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikssenmar867 View Post
Hi Giorgio, thanks for this hack! I love it on my Glo!
Do you think that it can be installed for new fw 3.2.0, or we'll have to wait for a new version?
Thanks
I don't see why it should not work, there's also the possibility that if you already installed it, it would survive the firmware update. It all depends on whether the new 3.2.0 bundles a kernel for the glo or not.
Old 02-13-2014, 05:30 PM   #57
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by giorgio130 View Post
I don't see why it should not work, there's also the possibility that if you already installed it, it would survive the firmware update. It all depends on whether the new 3.2.0 bundles a kernel for the glo or not.
3.2.0 does have a new kernel fro the Glo. Only the older Touches don't get an updated kernel. And your kernel didn't work the beta build I tried it with, so it probably won't with the release. But, I'll try later today if I have time.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 03:26 AM   #58
erikssenmar867
Connoisseur
erikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Giorgio130 and davidfor, thanks for your answers.

@giorgio130: if it doesn't work, will you release a new version of this hack?
Forgive my question, but it is an amazing hack and i think i could not live without it
erikssenmar867 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 02:01 PM   #59
giorgio130
Time Waster

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikssenmar867 View Post
Giorgio130 and davidfor, thanks for your answers.

@giorgio130: if it doesn't work, will you release a new version of this hack?
Forgive my question, but it is an amazing hack and i think i could not live without it
I'll try, but if they changed something to break it on purpose, I doubt I can do much.
Old 02-17-2014, 12:42 PM   #60
antalj
antalj is a glorious beacon of lightantalj is a glorious beacon of lightantalj is a glorious beacon of lightantalj is a glorious beacon of lightantalj is a glorious beacon of lightantalj is a glorious beacon of lightantalj is a glorious beacon of lightantalj is a glorious beacon of lightantalj is a glorious beacon of lightantalj is a glorious beacon of lightantalj is a glorious beacon of light

Device: kobo aura hd
Hello!

Does matter which fimware version do I use ?
Currently I have 3.1.1 is it ok?
antalj is offline   Reply With Quote