Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 06-12-2012, 11:34 PM   #1
p3aul
Captain Courageous
p3aul doesn't litterp3aul doesn't litter

Device: calibre, PRS 505
Manually add a TOC entry

I converted a html file that I got from Gutenberg with Calibre ebook-convert. For some reason it will not pick up a chapter. I've loaded it into Sigil, and clicked on "Generate TOC from headings to see if Sigil wou;ld pick up the chapter. It didn't Can I add the chapter manually? Woul manually add the entry in the toc.ncx file work?
Thanks,
Paul
p3aul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:57 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by p3aul View Post
I converted a html file that I got from Gutenberg with Calibre ebook-convert. For some reason it will not pick up a chapter. I've loaded it into Sigil, and clicked on "Generate TOC from headings to see if Sigil wou;ld pick up the chapter. It didn't Can I add the chapter manually? Woul manually add the entry in the toc.ncx file work?
Thanks,
Paul
Untick the 'TOC Items only' and see if a tick is missing next to your missing chapter'

The only time I have seen something like this (sigil4), is a malformed header.

Sigil 6 β has a setting as to which headers get included in the Auto generated TOC
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-13-2012, 12:28 AM   #3
p3aul
Captain Courageous

OK I found the error! the error was in the html file I downloaded from Projectgutenberg. An <h2> tag was left out of the Chapter III heading an so was not picked up by calibre. Thanks,
Paul
Old 06-13-2012, 12:35 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by p3aul View Post
OK I found the error! the error was in the html file I downloaded from Projectgutenberg. An <h2> tag was left out of the Chapter III heading an so was not picked up by calibre. Thanks,
Paul
Good catch.
I have stared and stared at code, knowing it is broken and can't semm to spot the error because it looks right (but really is missing 1 tiny / )
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:22 AM   #5
p3aul
Captain Courageous

Thanks,
you know the marriage of Calibre and Sigil is a powerful one.
I don't know if I should start a new thread or express another similar problem in this one.
I used Calibre to convert another book, a text file. I then loaded it into Calibre and the Name and author fields were "unknown". I loaded it into Sigil and examined the content.opf file. The creator line was there and I replaced "unknown" with the author. The title line wasn't there so I had to create it. I then saved the file, and again loaded it into Calibre. This time the Author was there but in the title it had placed the word "body" which was just part of the title! Here is the line I used:
<dc:title>The Body in the Bunker</dc:title>

I placed it inside the <metadata> tag like this:

Code:
<dc:language>en</dc:language>
    <dc:title>The Body in the Bunker</dc:title>
    <dc:creator>Herbert Adams</dc:creator>
Sigil didn't flag an error and offer to fix it as it usually does, so I guess the addition was correct.

OK I know it would be a simple thing to just add the title and reconvert it inside the GUI but I'm trying to learn something so maybe I'll be a "Guru" some day
Advert

Tags
toc creation, toc problem