Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 11:39 AM   #151
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
Lost in Temptation (Temptations Trilogy, Book 1) - $0.99

The eldest of three sisters, Lady Alexandra Chase has always done what was expected of her. But when the man she's loved since her girlhood returns from a long spell abroad, she quite suddenly finds herself hoping the fine lord her brother has picked for her won't propose. She decides that if he does, she'll quite improperly turn him down--that is, until the man of her hopes and dreams informs her he has no intention of marrying her.

The last time Tristan Nesbitt saw Alexandra, he was a common man with no hope of ever wedding the daughter of a marquess. Seven years later, he's now Lord Hawkridge, which should make him eminently suitable for the woman who long ago captured his heart. But a dreadful scandal has tarnished his name in England--a scandal so horrid that marrying Alexandra would ruin not only her flawless reputation but her whole family. For Alexandra's own good, he must fight his relentless desires and stay far away...
http://www.amazon.com/Lost-Temptatio...+in+temptation

Love's Promise (Lord Trent Series) - $0.99
With the death of his older brother, Michael Wainwright, Viscount Henley, has become heir to his father, Duke of Clarendon. The Wainwright men are renowned cads, and as his brother’s will is read, it’s discovered that he sired an illegitimate son and has left the eight-year-old boy his entire fortune. Michael decides to bring the boy to London so he can be showered with all the wealth and status guaranteed by his inheritance. But first, he has to gain custody from the boy’s aunt, who is determined to keep her nephew away from Michael’s dissolute family.

Frances “Fanny” Carrington has always lived in a small village in the country. As a newborn, she was left in a basket on the church steps and raised by the vicar and his wife. But they’ve died, and Fanny is in dire straits, struggling to raise her nephew, to keep food on the table and a roof over their heads. When she begins to receive correspondence from Michael, asking for custody, she can’t help but be suspicious. For years, the Wainwrights have refused to claim her nephew or provide financial assistance to him. She’s alarmed by their sudden interest. What can it mean?

As Michael finally meets Fanny, their attraction is swift, blatant, and dangerous. He can’t fight the need to have her at any cost, and gradually, he lures her into his decadent life of affluence and privilege. But she’s never possessed the callous nature required to thrive in the cut-throat world of the aristocracy, so she could never understand the peril she faces from those who would do anything to keep them apart…
http://www.amazon.com/Loves-Promise-...se+cheryl+holt
Old 05-09-2013, 11:48 AM   #152
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, PC
Love's Promise by Cheryl Holt is also available at bargain price from Kobo.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:51 AM   #153
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, PC
Free from Harlequin:

The Wedding Dress Diaries by Aimee Carson (novella).

Quote:
Get in the bridal spirit with this prequel novella to the fabulous new Harlequin KISS contemporary romance series, The Wedding Season!

Bridal shop owner Amber Davis dreaded the moment she'd run in to Parker Robinson while working on his sister's wedding. She'd spent every summer in the Hamptons with his family as a kid, fantasizing about kissing him. But she's shocked to discover that the confident boy who'd given Amber her first taste of love has become a man who mocks its very existence.

Parker can't believe the girl who used to follow him around has grown into a beautiful woman--one with some very naughty ideas when she fits him for his tux. But Amber also knows why he's shut everyone out of his life. She's not the kind of woman Parker gets involved with...even if he can't keep his hands off her.

Amber doesn't do one-night stands or casual hookups, but she's wanted Parker long enough to make him an exception--especially if she can convince him he needs love in his life, too.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:17 PM   #154
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britomart View Post
Free from Harlequin:

The Wedding Dress Diaries by Aimee Carson (novella).
'Tis a free preorder (release date 6/1/13) @ Amazon.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:40 PM   #155
mikaelalind
Fanatic
mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Cybook Odessey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
Anyway, I'm very psyched this morning! Now You See Her is one of my favorite Linda Howard books and I got an eReaderIQ notification this morning that it went down to $0.99. It's now safely bought I'm so happy I decided to track it when Son of the Morning went down to $0.99 last month. Now I'll have to do that for my other favorite Linda Howard books
Nope. You don't have to. Ereader IQ has a subscribe to author feature. Which is very handy.
Old 05-09-2013, 01:23 PM   #156
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Free @ Amazon

The Christmas Catch by Ginny Baird
(Holiday Brides Series)

Sugar and Spice by Tawny Weber
A Karma Café Novella

Unwanted by Kerrigan Byrne
(The MacLauchlans #3)
Old 05-09-2013, 01:25 PM   #157
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Anyway, I'm very psyched this morning! Now You See Her is one of my favorite Linda Howard books and I got an eReaderIQ notification this morning that it went down to $0.99. It's now safely bought I'm so happy I decided to track it when Son of the Morning went down to $0.99 last month. Now I'll have to do that for my other favorite Linda Howard books
So why it is it your favorite? It looks like a thriller to me, is it? I don't read thriller romances. I prefer less intense plots.

I rated REAL finally. I gave it 1 star. I just couldn't condone the hero's actions no matter how many ways I looked at it. He is no Travis that is for sure.

Last edited by Blossom; 05-09-2013 at 01:28 PM.
Old 05-09-2013, 01:28 PM   #158
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikaelalind View Post
Nope. You don't have to. Ereader IQ has a subscribe to author feature. Which is very handy.
Bah, I forgot! I actually have about 10 authors I track on there. Thanks for the reminder
Old 05-09-2013, 01:53 PM   #159
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venus View Post
Just finished listening to "After the Night". I loved it. I don't know if it reads as well but listening to it was terrific. Thanks for posting about "Now You See Her". I will get that to read.
I love After the Night! After the Night and Dream Man are among first set of books that I bought specifically for my electronic keeper shelf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
So why it is it your favorite? It looks like a thriller to me, is it? I don't read thriller romances. I prefer less intense plots.
I love romantic suspense and Linda Howards' older books are some of the best, IMO. I also think she writes (or I should say wrote, as her more recent books are kinda 'meh') some of the best alpha heroes. My favorite LH is actually Dream Man, which features a psychic heroine.
Old 05-09-2013, 02:02 PM   #160
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Brown is a love or hate author. You might want to sample one of her other books you got for free.

I click the view all button and slowly went through the list. I have so many of their books it's was hard for me to find something I didn't have. I almost went with a this book here that publisher's weekly recommended but after all the talk of the last two weeks in blogland of wallpaper historicals killing the genre I didn't want to take that chance.
I ended up filling in a later T. Spear title, as I can read three of them from my library. Perhaps not the "best" choice, but one I'll probably read (and hey, free is free).
Old 05-09-2013, 02:38 PM   #161
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Quote:
I love romantic suspense and Linda Howards' older books are some of the best, IMO. I also think she writes (or I should say wrote, as her more recent books are kinda 'meh') some of the best alpha heroes. My favorite LH is actually Dream Man, which features a psychic heroine.
She's one of my favorites too. Her best stuff IMO was 1997 - 2004, all keeper shelf stuff!
Mr. Perfect, Open Season and the Blair Mallory books were "suspense" but also very funny. Loved the characters.
Old 05-09-2013, 03:32 PM   #162
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
They're not so intense. I bought this as a Christmas present for me (I have as a book in Spanish) and "Kill and Tell". Not so intense, but very romance driven.
Old 05-09-2013, 05:24 PM   #163
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
They're not so intense. I bought this as a Christmas present for me (I have as a book in Spanish) and "Kill and Tell". Not so intense, but very romance driven.
Okay thanks I grabbed it. DA also highly recommended it. I realize I have the Audio of it already.
Old 05-09-2013, 05:26 PM   #164
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
She's one of my favorites too. Her best stuff IMO was 1997 - 2004, all keeper shelf stuff!
Mr. Perfect, Open Season and the Blair Mallory books were "suspense" but also very funny. Loved the characters.
Read the first Blair book. I loved it. That's my only book by her I've read I can recall.
Old 05-09-2013, 05:45 PM   #165
Loosheesh
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
I loved all of these. Blair Mallory is one of my favorite heroines
Closed Thread