Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you use Duokan Lite generally?
from the boot screen 127 34.32%
with launchpad hotkeys 34 9.19%
haven't used yet 209 56.49%
Voters: 370. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-04-2013, 05:19 AM   #1201
stajne
stajne began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
Try to find similar items with these ones:
设置: System Settings
语言: Language

this picture may help also.
I have the same problem as user Draekus. My screen looks like his (not like yours) can't find those symbols
stajne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 05:38 AM   #1202
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by stajne View Post
I have the same problem as user Draekus. My screen looks like his (not like yours) can't find those symbols
You can edit the DK_System\xKindle\config.ini file also. You should use an app like "notepad++" if you are on Windows. (linux line endings issue)
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2013, 08:52 AM   #1203
stajne
stajne began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
You can edit the DK_System\xKindle\config.ini file also. You should use an app like "notepad++" if you are on Windows. (linux line endings issue)
I fugured that but i was confused because language was not mentioned. But then i added "Language=English" and it works Thx very much
stajne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 01:44 PM   #1204
jation
Enthusiast
jation began at the beginning.

Device: KPW2
I try to install Duokan 2013 for kindle 4 nt. But now I have problem.
Everything go fine, but when Duokan start lodaing freeze on begining. I sucess to boot in kindle OS with 30sec slide button method.
How to completly unisstall Duokan, do i need only to delete dk_ files from kindle drive or something else?
And how to properly install Duokan
I have kindle 4 nt 4.1.1 with installed jailbreak, screensaver hack, python and fonfix 0.8. Do I need completly remove all this file with unisstall method or enough to do factory reset and after that i install Duokan, and jailbreak and other hack which I use?

Thanks!!!
jation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 01:58 PM   #1205
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jation View Post
How to completly unisstall Duokan.. And how to properly install Duokan
AFAIK there is no difference between a fresh install and an update as far as resulting situation is concerned.
Hence easiest way is this:

0- switch to Kindle OS .
1- replace DK_Sytem folder with a newly downloaded one. İf you need a fresh install then delete the old one before copying the new one.
2- reboot Kindle (menu>settings>menu>restart )
Advert
Old 07-08-2013, 02:04 PM   #1206
jation
Enthusiast

I do that, but always Duokan freeze on loading screen:

Kindle can only start with kindle OS.

I download last version of Duokan from this page : http://bbs.duokan.com/forum/thread-83057-1-1.html
Old 07-08-2013, 04:06 PM   #1207
jation
Enthusiast

^ I success! First uninstall all hacks and jailbreak. After that I install Duokan.
Old 07-08-2013, 05:00 PM   #1208
jation
Enthusiast

^ definitely Jailbreak and Duokan 2013 don't work together
Old 07-08-2013, 08:49 PM   #1209
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
^ I success! First uninstall all hacks and jailbreak. After that I install Duokan.
If it keeps freezing uninstalling only the jailbreak would have worked also. (for a future reference)

Quote:
^ definitely Jailbreak and Duokan 2013 don't work together
Installing the jailbreak (and hacks) after installing the Duokan may also work: see this post.
Old 07-12-2013, 07:07 PM   #1210
rorogio
Enthusiast
rorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than mom

Device: Kindle PW
where is the browser?

Quote:
update R3.0

(not released yet. )
I installed R3.0 on KPW byt I saw no browser
how do you get to it?
rorogio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 04:11 AM   #1211
thomass
Wizard

R3.0:
Quote:
[New]
● Browser;
● Access Public Wifi hotspot, such as CMCC, China Unicom, My Beijing, campus network, airports Wifi;
● fallback when browsing the web forward refresh, etc.;
● History browsing capabilities;
● article mode when browsing the web;
● touch screen can Pinch;
● Text version pdf support horizontal screen after the choice of words;
● Personal Notes supports exporting to Evernote;
● Support millet account login;

[Fix]
● Repair English text version pdf rearrangement problem exists after the hyphen;
● Because some font height fix inaccurate information resulting line spacing is too big problem;
● Fix the bottom line of articles in English translation box choice of words will not pop the question;

[Optimization]
● KT / KP keyboard input faster;
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorogio View Post
I installed R3.0 on KPW byt I saw no browser
how do you get to it?
Here he says it is in "the drop-down at the top to look, there are four options out, similar to mobile phone: WLAN, Wifi transmission, user login, the browser"

Here you can read other feedbacks about 3.0.
Old 07-13-2013, 05:56 PM   #1212
rorogio
Enthusiast
rorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than mom

10x!!!

Quote:
R3.0:

Here he says it is in "the drop-down at the top to look, there are four options out, similar to mobile phone: WLAN, Wifi transmission, user login, the browser"

Here you can read other feedbacks about 3.0.
thanks man!

yes, you must slide down from the top bar, and a menu appears
the browser is the last icon -- the globe and some Chinese letters under it

PS: lol, all menus are also Chinese!

Last edited by rorogio; 07-13-2013 at 06:21 PM.
Old 07-13-2013, 06:17 PM   #1213
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
PS: lol, all menus are also Chiese!
If you upload the English.txt in /DK_System/xKindle/res/language I can translate the recently added ones (via google translate).
Old 07-13-2013, 06:31 PM   #1214
rorogio
Enthusiast

Quote:
If you upload the English.txt in /DK_System/xKindle/res/language I can translate the recently added ones (via google translate).
problem is that those lines are missing in the Eng translation completely
Old 07-13-2013, 06:44 PM   #1215
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
problem is that those lines are missing in the Eng translation completely
then we have to wait.

You can send a feedback to this email: kindleuser@duokan.com

Tags
doukan, duokan, duokan lite, epub, information, keyboard, kindle keyboard, mod, pdf